    reasonable price.

    Thanks,

    ColTom2
    ColTom2, Oct 29, 2009

  2. ColTom2

    Daddy Guest

    You'll find well-written reviews here, as well as tutorials and an active
    user forum:

    Small Net Builder
    http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/index.php

    Daddy

    Daddy, Oct 29, 2009

  3. ColTom2

    ColTom2 Guest

    Thanks!

    ColTom2, Oct 29, 2009
  4. ColTom2

    smlunatick Guest

    On Oct 29, 10:16 pm, "ColTom2" <> wrote:
    > Thanks!
    >
    > "Daddy" <> wrote in message

    > You'll find well-written reviews here, as well as tutorials and an active
    > user forum:
    >
    > Small Net Builderhttp://www.smallnetbuilder.com/index.php
    >
    > Daddy
    >
    > "ColTom2" <> wrote in message

    > > Hi:

    > >  I currently am using an older model Linksys Router BEFW11S4 which has
    > > worked well between a Sony desktop XP MCE(2005) SP3 and a Toshiba laptop
    > > XP
    > > Home Edition.

    > >  However, I am contemplating upgrading the Sony desktop to Windows 7 Pro
    > > and if so my current router would not work.

    > >  I would appreciate any recommendations as to a great router at a
    > > reasonable price.

    > > Thanks,

    > > ColTom2

    If you are moving to Windows 7, check with the selected router
    manufacturers FAQ and Support web sites. Some manufacturers have not
    tested Windows 7 yet. Linksys and D-Link have yet to provide any
    info, or support, for Windows 7 compatibilities.
    smlunatick, Oct 30, 2009
  5. ColTom2

    David B. Guest

    Your current router will work just fine with Windows 7, who told you it
    wouldn't?

    David B., Oct 30, 2009
  6. Hi
    This is one of the best sub $100 Wireless Routers.
    It has High Power output and thus provide strong stable Signal.It is
    compatible with all version of Windows including 7 and it is WPA2 capable.
    Example for price and availability,
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833162134
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).

    Jack [MVP-Networking], Nov 1, 2009
  7. ColTom2

    smlunatick Guest

    On Oct 30, 7:04 pm, "Jef Roe" <> wrote:
    > "smlunatick" <> wrote in message

    > On Oct 29, 10:16 pm, "ColTom2" <> wrote:
    >

    > > Thanks!

    > > "Daddy" <> wrote in message

    > > You'll find well-written reviews here, as well as tutorials and an active
    > > user forum:

    > > Small Net Builderhttp://www.smallnetbuilder.com/index.php

    > > Daddy

    > > "ColTom2" <> wrote in message

    > > > Hi:

    > > > I currently am using an older model Linksys Router BEFW11S4 which has
    > > > worked well between a Sony desktop XP MCE(2005) SP3 and a Toshiba laptop
    > > > XP
    > > > Home Edition.

    > > > However, I am contemplating upgrading the Sony desktop to Windows 7 Pro
    > > > and if so my current router would not work.

    > > > I would appreciate any recommendations as to a great router at a
    > > > reasonable price.

    > > > Thanks,

    > > > ColTom2

    > If you are moving to Windows 7, check with the selected router
    > manufacturers FAQ and Support web sites.  Some manufacturers have not
    > tested Windows 7 yet.  Linksys and D-Link have yet to provide any
    > info, or support, for Windows 7 compatibilities.
    >
    > yes, our ACER monitors at work have a Vista approved sticker on them.

    Did you read the thread? This is a thread for wireless routers used
    with Windows 7. It is not Vista and not monitors.
    smlunatick, Nov 2, 2009
  8. ColTom2

    smlunatick Guest

    On Nov 2, 5:30 pm, "Jef Roe" <> wrote:
    > what's a thread ?

    Thread of thought

    A Usenet newsgroup post thread is a grouping of answers, based upon
    the question posted in the first post. The OP (original poster) was
    asking questions on which wireless router could work with Windows 7.
    You answered that your Acer monitor is "certified" for Vista, both did
    not contain any "answers" for the question.
    smlunatick, Nov 2, 2009