Recommended website provider?

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Chris Hope, Mar 15, 2005.

  1. Chris Hope

    Chris Hope Guest

    Chris Hope, Mar 15, 2005

  2. Chris Hope

    EMB Guest

    http://www.kiwihosting.net.nz/ are working ok for my clients' sites.

    --
    EMB
    EMB, Mar 15, 2005

  3. EWO <> wrote:

    >Recommendations of a good well priced providers of 100+ megs
    >at reasonal pricing?

    I'm very happy with Lunarpages - http://www.lunarpages.com/ - but I
    don't really have anything to compare it with.
    Steve Marshall, Mar 15, 2005
  4. EWO wrote:
    > Had enough of Orcon and their outages.

    their web hosting has had outages too?

    > Recommendations of a good well priced providers of 100+ megs
    > at reasonal pricing?

    Iserve is apparently good.
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Mar 15, 2005
  5. Chris Hope

    Gordon Guest

    On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 09:52:11 +1300, Steve Marshall wrote:

    > I'm very happy with Lunarpages - http://www.lunarpages.com/ - but I
    > don't really have anything to compare it with.

    So you have no standards then? ;-)
    Gordon, Mar 16, 2005
  6. Gordon <> wrote:

    >> I'm very happy with Lunarpages - http://www.lunarpages.com/ - but I
    >> don't really have anything to compare it with.

    >So you have no standards then? ;-)

    I'm probably taking you 'way too seriously, but, yes, I do have
    standards for service providers, and LunarPages has exceeded those
    standards. Whether most web-hosting providers would have done as well
    or better is up for grabs, though.

    ka kite
    Steve
    Steve Marshall, Mar 16, 2005
  7. "EWO" <> wrote in message news:...

    > Had enough of Orcon and their outages.
    >
    > Recommendations of a good well priced providers of 100+ megs
    > at reasonal pricing?

    www.createhosting.co.nz
    100M at 20 bucks a month
    I've been using them a couple of years now
    Very reliable, and they notify you in advance of any outages
    for maintenance (very few)
    And - this is important - they get the billing right.
    Also can be contacted by phone. Also very important if
    you ever need it, which hopefully you won't
    Regards
    Peter J
    see www.safe-nz.org.nz

    EWO, Mar 16, 2005
  9. Chris Hope

    Rob King Guest

    "Dave - Dave.net.nz" <> wrote in message news:<d17j9s$ggj$>...
    > EWO wrote:
    > > Had enough of Orcon and their outages.

    > their web hosting has had outages too?
    >
    > > Recommendations of a good well priced providers of 100+ megs
    > > at reasonal pricing?

    > Iserve is apparently good.

    Yup, I'm on iServe and they are very good (I'm told they're working on
    ASP.net hosting too). I pay $22 per 28 days for 20mb space with 7Gb
    traffic. That includes unlimited email hosting too. And their
    service has been top-notch. I tried WebDrive for a bit too, but I
    didn't feel I was getting much more for the extra money it would cost.

    www.webbase.co.nz look OK, although they took a while to reply to my
    emails. I gather they host overseas which is why they are cheap.
    Rob King, Mar 17, 2005