Recommended Study Guides for actually learning meaterial and taking the exames

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by =?Utf-8?B?YW1iaWd1b3VzZnJvZw==?=, Jan 6, 2004.

  1. I'm trying to spend my money wisely and get a consenses on the most helpful study guides out there. Neither do I want to be the "paper mcse" but learn and keep what I learn. Does anyone prefer one set of kits to another? Microsoft, exam cram, etc...? I have 7 years in a client/server support environment and looking to strengthen my skills obtained from experience. I would like to pursue the Windows 2003 Server Security + route.

    Thanks.
    =?Utf-8?B?YW1iaWd1b3VzZnJvZw==?=, Jan 6, 2004

  2. "ambiguousfrog" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I'm trying to spend my money wisely and get a consenses on the most

    helpful study guides out there. Neither do I want to be the "paper mcse"
    but learn and keep what I learn. Does anyone prefer one set of kits to
    another? Microsoft, exam cram, etc...? I have 7 years in a client/server
    support environment and looking to strengthen my skills obtained from
    experience. I would like to pursue the Windows 2003 Server Security +
    route.

    > Thanks.

    Avoid MS published books (they intentionally don't cover stuff and expect
    you to know it, which is a good ideology but I think it just stinks of
    underhandedness on Microsoft's part when you have to pay again to retake an
    exam).

    Avoid books like examcram that just fill your head with stuff specific to
    the exam and have no real world applicability.

    From there, read a few pages from ones you haven't eliminated. Finding an
    author that you read well is important.

    --
    Politician Spock