    ability of improving the printing quality of an image?

    Thanks in advance for your help!

    Andrew
    AndrewWolf, Aug 11, 2007

  2. AndrewWolf

    Ray Paseur Guest

    "AndrewWolf" <u36572@uwe> wrote in news:768d43356dd53@uwe:

    > Printing Guru,
    >
    > I've got a couple 6.3mp images that I took with a Canon Rebel Digital
    > that I'd like to print in the neighborhood of 20x30. I'm aware that
    > the typically required 300 dpi or even 200 dpi won't get me to that
    > size however I've also heard about interpolating (or extrapolating?)
    > image processing that help "extend" the printing size of smaller
    > resolution images. I'm hoping that you could recommend a company or
    > online service that you know of or have experience with that has
    > experience in interpolating/ processing images as well as printing
    > them to these sizes. Or even just a great printing shop that charges
    > reasonable prices. Also, how much I should expect to pay for such
    > services/prints of this size? Lastly, is there any truth to the
    > hoorah surrounding the interpolation/ photoshop processing as related
    > to it's ability of improving the printing quality of an image?
    >
    > Thanks in advance for your help!
    >
    > Andrew

    Andrew: not knowing where you're located, you might consider using a local
    photo printer -- you can find them in the yellow pages -- and ask them for
    a free test strip. The professional photo printers are almost always
    willing to print a slice of the image for your approval. If you happen to
    be in Washington, DC, contact National Geographic photo labs and tell them
    what you have and what you want. They can do as good a job as anybody in
    town and their rates are competitive. They can tell you the exact cost
    once you decide on the work product you want. ~Ray
    Ray Paseur, Aug 13, 2007