    (www.gtslearning.com) gives conflicting lengths - 3m and 5m maximums.
    Any ideas?

    Thanks

    Will Hay, Feb 27, 2004

  2. Will Hay

    Changeling Guest

    I have a parallel cable in my spares box which must be 15 meters at least.
    it works fine.

    Ade A+

    Changeling, Feb 28, 2004

  3. Will Hay

    DrJones Guest

    According to A+ All-in-one the official answer is 5 meters.

    DrJones, Feb 28, 2004
  4. Will Hay wrote:
    > Dosen't say on the official IEEE web sites - but the manual I'm using
    > (www.gtslearning.com) gives conflicting lengths - 3m and 5m maximums.

    A google search turned up a PDF on a Fairchild Semiconductor site that
    references an IEEE distance limitation of 10 meters. That makes *both*
    of those answers suspect. :cool:

    http://www.fairchildsemi.com/an/AN/AN-5010.pdf

    On the first page right side near the bottom.

    The IEEE doesn't put their standards up on the web for free, you have to
    buy them (at $108.00 US).

    John
    --
    John P. Dearing