    Anything with spyware is a no-no, and preferrably also without any ads.

    --
    Hallvard

    Hallvard Tangeraas, Dec 28, 2004

  2. Hallvard Tangeraas wrote:
    > Any good recommendations for a (free) download manager which works well
    > with Mozilla (Windows version)?
    > Anything with spyware is a no-no, and preferrably also without any ads.

    MetaProducts Download Express :

    http://www.metaproducts.com/mp/mpProducts_Detail.asp?id=18

    Free. No spyware (that I can find). No ads (this is why I switched from
    Download Accelerator Plus).

    HTH

    --
    Regards

    Nigel Stapley

    www.judgemental.plus.com

    <reply-to will bounce>

    Nigel Stapley, Dec 28, 2004

  3. On 2004-12-28, Hallvard Tangeraas <> wrote:

    > Any good recommendations for a (free) download manager which works well
    > with Mozilla (Windows version)?
    > Anything with spyware is a no-no, and preferrably also without any ads.

    Doesn't Mozilla's built-in download manager work for you?

    --

    John ()

    John Thompson, Dec 29, 2004
  4. Hallvard Tangeraas

    Jowah Guest

    John Thompson wrote:
    > On 2004-12-28, Hallvard Tangeraas <> wrote:
    >

    >>Any good recommendations for a (free) download manager which works well
    >>with Mozilla (Windows version)?
    >>Anything with spyware is a no-no, and preferrably also without any ads.

    > Doesn't Mozilla's built-in download manager work for you?

    Just curious: Are you on dial-up? I am just wondering if you have
    found DL managers to be effective with a broadband connection.

    Jowah, Dec 29, 2004
  5. John Thompson wrote:

    > On 2004-12-28, Hallvard Tangeraas <> wrote:
    >
    >> Any good recommendations for a (free) download manager which works well
    >> with Mozilla (Windows version)?
    >> Anything with spyware is a no-no, and preferrably also without any ads.

    > Doesn't Mozilla's built-in download manager work for you?

    The problem is that this PC has two separate users, and Mozilla is
    therefore set up with two separate user-profiles.
    If one user is in the midst of downloading a large file, and the other
    user wants to access his/her profile the transfer is interrupted.

    So this is why I want a separate download manager which is independant
    of Mozilla.

    --
    Hallvard

    Hallvard Tangeraas, Dec 29, 2004
  6. Nigel Stapley wrote:
    > Hallvard Tangeraas wrote:
    >> Any good recommendations for a (free) download manager which works well
    >> with Mozilla (Windows version)?

    > MetaProducts Download Express :
    >
    > http://www.metaproducts.com/mp/mpProducts_Detail.asp?id=18
    >
    > Free. No spyware (that I can find). No ads (this is why I switched from
    > Download Accelerator Plus).

    I've downloaded and installed it, but I must have missed something,
    because Mozilla doesn't use it when I'm downloading a file, but its own
    download manager instead.
    Is there anything I should set up at Mozilla's end?

    DOES it actually work with Mozilla? I've tried to find out more about it
    from the website, but all it mentions is Internet explorer, and there's
    an .XPI file for Firefox (scroll down near the bottom of this page:
    http://www.metaproducts.com/mp/mpProducts_Detail.asp?id=18) which I
    downloaded.

    --
    Hallvard

    Hallvard Tangeraas, Dec 29, 2004
  7. Hallvard Tangeraas wrote:
    > Nigel Stapley wrote:
    >
    >> Hallvard Tangeraas wrote:
    >>
    >>> Any good recommendations for a (free) download manager which works
    >>> well with Mozilla (Windows version)?

    >> MetaProducts Download Express :
    >>
    >> http://www.metaproducts.com/mp/mpProducts_Detail.asp?id=18
    >>
    >> Free. No spyware (that I can find). No ads (this is why I switched
    >> from Download Accelerator Plus).

    > I've downloaded and installed it, but I must have missed something,
    > because Mozilla doesn't use it when I'm downloading a file, but its own
    > download manager instead.
    > Is there anything I should set up at Mozilla's end?

    I've got it in Edit > Preferences > DownloadWith

    As to how it got *there*, I think I downloaded an extension...

    Ah, yes! Go to http://downloadwith.mozdev.org/

    > DOES it actually work with Mozilla?

    Sure does!

    --