    What are folks favorite books for preparing for the Sql test 70-229
    Designing and Implementing Databases with Sql-Server 2000?

    Thanks.

    Eric, Apr 8, 2004

  2. Eric

    Jackie Guest

    I just ordered my books so this is just what I have found
    from my research.
    Programming SQL Server 2000 by Example seem to have very
    good reviews.
    Professional SQL Server 2000 Programming by Viera likewise
    has very good reviews as very helpful for the exam.

    I'll like to see what others say but I've ordered these
    two books already so I'm very happy with my selections.

    Jackie

    Jackie, Apr 8, 2004

  3. Eric

    Eric Guest

    Thanks. I recently got the Vieira book on sale. I'll check out the by
    Example one as well.
    Kalani's books were so right on topically for covering the exam that I was
    hoping he had one for SQL as well.

    Eric, Apr 8, 2004
  4. Eric

    Greg Guest

    MCAD/MCSE/MCDBA SQL Server 2000 Database Design and
    Implementation 2 - Microsoft Press ISBN 0-7356-1960-3

    Greg, Apr 9, 2004
  5. Eric

    DalePres Guest

    After years of using Sybex books and the recommendations of a few people
    here I bought the Sybex 70-229 book. I am just done with Chapter 1. So
    far, the book is a disappointment. Lots of errors, and if you go to
    http://www.utexas.edu/its/windows/database/datamodeling/index.html you will
    be amazed how much Chapter 1 looks like that site. It sure makes me wonder
    who copied from whom.

    I hope the rest of it gets better, or that at least it gets no worse.

    Dale

    DalePres, Apr 10, 2004