    company or am I about to waste a lot of time and money?

    Cheers in advance.

    Howard.

    h, Feb 10, 2005

  2. h

    Dave Guest

    "h" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi Guys,
    >
    > Can anybody recommend a good uk based training company for MCSA that also
    > covers comptia network+ and a+ (the likes of computeach etc..) - I'm
    > looking at going the whole way from comptia through to MCSA in order to
    > get a decent career rather than my awful customer service job. Also to
    > cover the above mentioned quals I've been quoted 3000 pounds that covers
    > tuition, materials, exams and support with job apps, cv, interview etc...
    > Any opinions wold be valued. Also, is it realistic to expect a company to
    > take on a person who has qualified for MCSA and comptia's without real
    > world experience within a company or am I about to waste a lot of time and
    > money?

    Howard,
    This is a difficult call. While £3000 sounds a lot, *if* it gets you the
    job you need, then it's worth the investment. I say "if" as you are clearly
    aware that there is a possibility of employers not being interested due to
    lack of experience. Your local FE/HE college will probably do the Network+
    and A+ but usually part time. Not all of them offer modules for the
    MCSE/MCSE route but you might be in luck. They will probably offer the CCNA
    though. The good thing about the FE/HE college route is that because its
    part time, it will allow you to work on the subject matter yourself in
    between classes. If you fancy it, the CCNA modules cost between £100-£150
    each. There are 4 modules (or semesters in american-speak) so at the most,
    that will cost you £600. Similar should apply for the Network+. The
    downside is that they tend to be part time. If you have have the money to
    burn, then spend away, otherwise contact the local FE colleges and see what
    courses they offer.
    Others on the ng might be able to suggest cheaper alternatives for a
    full-time route but it really does depend where you are unless you are
    willing to travel. If you feel you have to do the full time route, have a
    look at what is offered in India and South Africa. The pound is strong,
    make the most of it.

    Dave.

    Dave, Feb 10, 2005

  3. h

    Paul Sanders Guest

    Hi...

    I have been studying the MCSA in the UK and have used teh
    training center TECH-CONNECT, they have a few training
    centers in the uk and provide a very good service and very
    professional to.

    The price of £3000 isn't to bad as far as it all goes,
    especially with what they have offered you. I would be
    careful with the offers of Job's at the end of it as they
    cant guarentee this no matter who they are...

    Hope this has given some idea's but these are only my
    views, it is definatly worth looking about at all the
    offers.

    Cheers

    Paul

    message