Recommendations please

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Brian Abbott, May 10, 2005.

  1. Brian Abbott

    Brian Abbott Guest

    Hi

    We have a small office which we're going to be moving from in a few months
    and this looks like a good point to ditch our existing PBX (3 outside lines,
    6 extensions) and go for voip. But as I've only dabbled with voip up to now
    there's a lot I don't know!

    So, I'd be grateful if the gurus here could provide some advice on the
    following:

    1) Is the technology reliable enough? (if we lose our phone connections
    we're dead!)

    2) Best / most reliable provider (we mainly call UK and Ireland only)

    3) Best hardware/software for the PBX (bearing in mind that a) I know
    Windoze inside out but not Linux and b) I would want to feed call info into
    our contact management program for giving caller info and for logging time
    spent etc

    Cheers and TIA

    Brian Abbott
    Brian Abbott, May 10, 2005