Recommendations for Time Lapse Photography

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by No Left Turn, Sep 29, 2003.

  1. No Left Turn

    No Left Turn Guest

    Hi Group

    I want to find an inexpensive, 1 - 2 megapixel camera
    to do time lapse photography.
    Set it on a tripod, in a field, leave it a few hours kinda stuff.
    Here are some parameters.

    - Compact flash preferred
    - Socket for tripod needed.
    - AA battery powered
    - Not computer/connected controlled...

    Any older Cannon, or Kodaks that will do this?
    I have a Nikon 950 that has around 1,500 shots on the odometer. But no
    time lapse buttons.

    Thanks!

    Reply to the group or remove the spam and reply to

    No Left Turn, Sep 29, 2003

  2. No Left Turn

    Zol. Guest

    Do you mean long exposure or multiple shots(interval shooting) over the
    couple of hours? The Canon G5 (although not 1-2Mpx) wiull do this - taken
    form the BeBit site "You can shoot images at a set interval. The shooting
    interval time can be set from 1 to 60 minutes and 2 to 100 images can be
    shot." - I haven`t got my G5 yet - but this may come in handy although 1
    minute seams a long time between shots.

    Other than that you could probably achieve long exposures by cheating in
    photoshop or the like with multiple shots and overlay the shots together - I
    don`t know if any of the DSLR`s have longer exposure times than Digital
    Compacts - 30 seconds seams to be about max for Canon`s range.

    Zol.

    Zol., Sep 29, 2003