    administrator to SQL Server 2000 at my last job but it has bee
    several years already. I was never involved in the setup o
    configuration of the DB
    larasr, Mar 23, 2006

  2. **larasr's** the one who fcukin said it
    <<-------------------------------->>
    > Today at work I was told that I need to take the 70-228 to get a raise
    > and pass it by June. I need some recommendations for study materials.
    > I am an application person more than a network person but my company
    > needs the SQL Server Cert and I need more $$$$. I was a backup
    > administrator to SQL Server 2000 at my last job but it has been
    > several years already. I was never involved in the setup or
    > configuration of the DB.

    The Microsoft Learning homepage will give you all of the information you're
    looking for: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/default.mspx, might be a good
    idea to make it your default page for a while, they've always got up-to-date
    information on there concerning certifications.

    On the side menu, you will find links to everything you will need for exams,
    certifications, training, books, and anythng else related to MS Learning.

    Your best bet would be to hike down to your local Bookstore (be it Barnes &
    Noble, Border's Books, or whatever) and pick you up an MS Press book for the
    70-228. The book should include a trial version of SQL

    Here is the Exam Page:

    And if you're looking for Exam Prep, stick with MeasureUp (which should be
    included with the book you buy), SelfTest Software, and/or Transcender. If
    you veer away from those three, it's likely you will find a br@indump,
    you'll learn nothing, and your boss will fire you for being a moron.

    Oh, and June should be plenty of time.

    Good Luck!

    --
    Bigus Di©kus
    MCNGP Sb (Antimony)
    Bigus Di©kus, Mar 23, 2006

  3. larasr

    Neil Guest

    did you hear lid (larasr) say in news:hWoUf.159105$vi2.155314
    @fe03.news.easynews.com:

    > Today at work I was told that I need to take the 70-228 to get a raise
    > and pass it by June. I need some recommendations for study materials.
    > I am an application person more than a network person but my company
    > needs the SQL Server Cert and I need more $$$$. I was a backup
    > administrator to SQL Server 2000 at my last job but it has been
    > several years already. I was never involved in the setup or
    > configuration of the DB.

    two items, one the Sybex books for this are good second:
    http://tinyurl.com/4ers9

    good luck (play with it at home. the eval is still available [I think])

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X

    - Never test for an error condition you can't solve.
    Neil, Mar 23, 2006