Recommendations for a replacement fo an epson C70

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by thing, Feb 1, 2005.

  1. thing

    thing Guest

    I have installed new cartridges but it fails to print. I am assuming its
    heads are blocked up after I tried a generic ink cartridge. It wont
    clean and epson support say take it into repair....

    hint do not buy uni-1 brand cartridges off computerfood.co.nz its crap.

    Has anybody claimed for repairs to a printer from a generic cartridge
    damaging it?

    anyway,

    What would be a good replacement? a C65?

    One person has warned me off another Epson, but the C70 had lasted 4
    years until I made the mistake of getting a generic piece of do do...

    :/

    So I am open to suggestions.....

    regards

    Thing
    thing, Feb 1, 2005

  2. thing

    thing Guest

    Canon iP3000?

    regards

    Thing

    thing, Feb 1, 2005

  3. thing said the following on 1/02/2005 8:55 p.m.:
    > I have installed new cartridges but it fails to print. I am assuming its
    > heads are blocked up after I tried a generic ink cartridge. It wont
    > clean and epson support say take it into repair....
    >
    > hint do not buy uni-1 brand cartridges off computerfood.co.nz its crap.
    >
    > Has anybody claimed for repairs to a printer from a generic cartridge
    > damaging it?
    >
    > anyway,
    >
    > What would be a good replacement? a C65?
    >
    > One person has warned me off another Epson, but the C70 had lasted 4
    > years until I made the mistake of getting a generic piece of do do...
    >
    > :/
    >
    > So I am open to suggestions.....
    >
    > regards
    >
    > Thing

    I have a penchant for Canon not that they are particularly better.

    For years it was leap frog with printer companies (HP/Canon/Epson) in
    the inkjet market, one would inovate and lead then the next would leap
    frog them and so on. At the time I chose canon they had carried out the
    latest inovation and since then the others have only caught up and never
    passed. They all seem to have stagnated in developement and settled into
    the razor blade model of business.

    | Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |
    Collector»NZ, Feb 1, 2005
  4. On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 21:33:28 +1300, thing <> wrote:

    >Canon iP3000?
    >
    >regards
    >
    >Thing

    Print Head Only last 18 months..

    >thing wrote:
    >> I have installed new cartridges but it fails to print. I am assuming its
    >> heads are blocked up after I tried a generic ink cartridge. It wont
    >> clean and epson support say take it into repair....
    >>
    >> hint do not buy uni-1 brand cartridges off computerfood.co.nz its crap.
    >>
    >> Has anybody claimed for repairs to a printer from a generic cartridge
    >> damaging it?
    >>
    >> anyway,
    >>
    >> What would be a good replacement? a C65?
    >>
    >> One person has warned me off another Epson, but the C70 had lasted 4
    >> years until I made the mistake of getting a generic piece of do do...
    >>
    >> :/
    >>
    >> So I am open to suggestions.....
    >>
    >> regards
    >>
    >> Thing

    Yes send it to me will try and fix it for say $50, I fixed my own 740 with
    blocked heads..

    And many other printers..

    I will remove the print head and soak it to remove the clogging, and clean
    up the parking station..

    Plus never ever turn of a Printer at the Wall.

    BIG Bear @bearcat.com.au, Feb 1, 2005
  5. thing said the following on 1/02/2005 9:33 p.m.:
    > Canon iP3000?
    >
    > regards
    >
    > Thing
    >
    > thing wrote:
    >
    >> I have installed new cartridges but it fails to print. I am assuming
    >> its heads are blocked up after I tried a generic ink cartridge. It
    >> wont clean and epson support say take it into repair....
    >>
    >> hint do not buy uni-1 brand cartridges off computerfood.co.nz its crap.
    >>
    >> Has anybody claimed for repairs to a printer from a generic cartridge
    >> damaging it?
    >>
    >> anyway,
    >>
    >> What would be a good replacement? a C65?
    >>
    >> One person has warned me off another Epson, but the C70 had lasted 4
    >> years until I made the mistake of getting a generic piece of do do...
    >>
    >> :/
    >>
    >> So I am open to suggestions.....
    >>
    >> regards
    >>
    >> Thing

    The 4000 will be my next one (soon as I get a couple of more urgent
    purchases out of the way)
    I see as expected woger is here knocking anything that is not Epson.

    Print head life has been good in my canons but of course it depends how
    much you use it and how you store it as well. (Direct sunlight not good
    raises the temp too much)

    | Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |
    Collector»NZ, Feb 1, 2005
  6. thing

    thing Guest

    BIG wrote:
    > On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 21:33:28 +1300, thing <> wrote:
    >

    >>Canon iP3000?
    >>
    >>regards
    >>
    >>Thing

    > Print Head Only last 18 months..
    >

    >>thing wrote:
    >>
    >>>I have installed new cartridges but it fails to print. I am assuming its
    >>>heads are blocked up after I tried a generic ink cartridge. It wont
    >>>clean and epson support say take it into repair....
    >>>
    >>>hint do not buy uni-1 brand cartridges off computerfood.co.nz its crap.
    >>>
    >>>Has anybody claimed for repairs to a printer from a generic cartridge
    >>>damaging it?
    >>>
    >>>anyway,
    >>>
    >>>What would be a good replacement? a C65?
    >>>
    >>>One person has warned me off another Epson, but the C70 had lasted 4
    >>>years until I made the mistake of getting a generic piece of do do...
    >>>
    >>>:/
    >>>
    >>>So I am open to suggestions.....
    >>>
    >>>regards
    >>>
    >>>Thing

    > Yes send it to me will try and fix it for say $50, I fixed my own 740 with
    > blocked heads..
    >
    > And many other printers..
    >
    > I will remove the print head and soak it to remove the clogging, and clean
    > up the parking station..
    >
    > Plus never ever turn of a Printer at the Wall.

    Its Ok thanks but Ive ordered a Canon ip5000, I need to print urgently.

    What do you use to clean the heads with? Cellulose thinners?

    regards

    Thing
    thing, Feb 1, 2005
  7. thing

    thing Guest

    Collector»NZ wrote:
    > thing said the following on 1/02/2005 9:33 p.m.:
    >
    >> Canon iP3000?
    >>
    >> regards
    >>
    >> Thing
    >>
    >> thing wrote:
    >>
    >>> I have installed new cartridges but it fails to print. I am assuming
    >>> its heads are blocked up after I tried a generic ink cartridge. It
    >>> wont clean and epson support say take it into repair....
    >>>
    >>> hint do not buy uni-1 brand cartridges off computerfood.co.nz its crap.
    >>>
    >>> Has anybody claimed for repairs to a printer from a generic cartridge
    >>> damaging it?
    >>>
    >>> anyway,
    >>>
    >>> What would be a good replacement? a C65?
    >>>
    >>> One person has warned me off another Epson, but the C70 had lasted 4
    >>> years until I made the mistake of getting a generic piece of do do...
    >>>
    >>> :/
    >>>
    >>> So I am open to suggestions.....
    >>>
    >>> regards
    >>>
    >>> Thing

    > The 4000 will be my next one (soon as I get a couple of more urgent
    > purchases out of the way)
    > I see as expected woger is here knocking anything that is not Epson.
    >
    > Print head life has been good in my canons but of course it depends how
    > much you use it and how you store it as well. (Direct sunlight not good
    > raises the temp too much)

    Yeah Ive decided on the iP5000, the 4000 did not seem much better than
    the 3000, but the 5000 had a good resolution improvement and picture
    printing is important to me, so I took it.

    regards

    Thing
    thing, Feb 1, 2005
  8. thing said the following on 1/02/2005 10:36 p.m.:
    > Collector»NZ wrote:
    >
    >> thing said the following on 1/02/2005 9:33 p.m.:
    >>
    >>> Canon iP3000?
    >>>
    >>> regards
    >>>
    >>> Thing

    >> The 4000 will be my next one (soon as I get a couple of more urgent
    >> purchases out of the way)
    >> I see as expected woger is here knocking anything that is not Epson.
    >>
    >> Print head life has been good in my canons but of course it depends
    >> how much you use it and how you store it as well. (Direct sunlight not
    >> good raises the temp too much)
    >>

    > Yeah Ive decided on the iP5000, the 4000 did not seem much better than
    > the 3000, but the 5000 had a good resolution improvement and picture
    > printing is important to me, so I took it.
    >
    > regards
    >
    > Thing

    For me it was CD/DVD Printing otherwise I would stick with my minimalist
    s400 which has never let me down and the results have been outstanding.
    I have photos on the wall in full sunlite which where printed with a
    seperate photo head/cart arrangement on photopaper and they are hard to
    pick from real photographs and have not faded in over 3 years on the wall.

    I believe ther is not a lot of difference between Epson/Canon HP on the
    other hand is still lagging a bit.

    | Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |
    Collector»NZ, Feb 1, 2005
  9. thing

    thing Guest

    Collector»NZ wrote:
    > thing said the following on 1/02/2005 10:36 p.m.:
    >
    >> Collector»NZ wrote:

    >>> The 4000 will be my next one (soon as I get a couple of more urgent
    >>> purchases out of the way)
    >>> I see as expected woger is here knocking anything that is not Epson.
    >>>
    >>> Print head life has been good in my canons but of course it depends
    >>> how much you use it and how you store it as well. (Direct sunlight
    >>> not good raises the temp too much)
    >>>

    >> Yeah Ive decided on the iP5000, the 4000 did not seem much better than
    >> the 3000, but the 5000 had a good resolution improvement and picture
    >> printing is important to me, so I took it.
    >>
    >> regards
    >>
    >> Thing
    >>

    > For me it was CD/DVD Printing otherwise I would stick with my minimalist
    > s400 which has never let me down and the results have been outstanding.
    > I have photos on the wall in full sunlite which where printed with a
    > seperate photo head/cart arrangement on photopaper and they are hard to
    > pick from real photographs and have not faded in over 3 years on the wall.
    >
    > I believe ther is not a lot of difference between Epson/Canon HP on the
    > other hand is still lagging a bit.

    Yes a family member who repairs printers / photocopiers etc did not
    think much of Epson, but liked Canon, he suggested the 3000.

    Reviews showed HP were expensive to buy and run (cartridges were just
    way to expensive), while Canon were amongst the best quality for output
    and the cartridges cheaper then Epson and way cheaper than HP.

    I would never buy a HP again personally.

    regards

    Thing
    thing, Feb 1, 2005
  10. On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 08:23:03 +1300, thing <> wrote:

    >Collector»NZ wrote:
    >> thing said the following on 1/02/2005 10:36 p.m.:

    >>> Yeah Ive decided on the iP5000, the 4000 did not seem much better than
    >>> the 3000, but the 5000 had a good resolution improvement and picture
    >>> printing is important to me, so I took it.
    >>>
    >>> regards
    >>>
    >>> Thing
    >>>

    >> For me it was CD/DVD Printing otherwise I would stick with my minimalist
    >> s400 which has never let me down and the results have been outstanding.
    >> I have photos on the wall in full sunlite which where printed with a
    >> seperate photo head/cart arrangement on photopaper and they are hard to
    >> pick from real photographs and have not faded in over 3 years on the wall.
    >>
    >> I believe ther is not a lot of difference between Epson/Canon HP on the
    >> other hand is still lagging a bit.
    >>

    >Yes a family member who repairs printers / photocopiers etc did not
    >think much of Epson, but liked Canon, he suggested the 3000.
    >
    >Reviews showed HP were expensive to buy and run (cartridges were just
    >way to expensive), while Canon were amongst the best quality for output
    >and the cartridges cheaper then Epson and way cheaper than HP.
    >
    >I would never buy a HP again personally.
    >
    >regards
    >
    >Thing

    If you need long life Prints then is has to be a Epson, known Facts, Canons
    are crap when it come to that, Epson is the Only None Bubble Jet..

    With the Toms review Epson came out best for Quality..

    The Running cost are dearer with the Canon as the print heads just don't
    last..
    BIG Bear @bearcat.com.au, Feb 1, 2005
  11. thing

    thing Guest

    BIG wrote:
    > On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 08:23:03 +1300, thing <> wrote:
    >

    >>Collector»NZ wrote:

    >>>For me it was CD/DVD Printing otherwise I would stick with my minimalist
    >>>s400 which has never let me down and the results have been outstanding.
    >>>I have photos on the wall in full sunlite which where printed with a
    >>>seperate photo head/cart arrangement on photopaper and they are hard to
    >>>pick from real photographs and have not faded in over 3 years on the wall.
    >>>
    >>>I believe ther is not a lot of difference between Epson/Canon HP on the
    >>>other hand is still lagging a bit.
    >>>

    >>Yes a family member who repairs printers / photocopiers etc did not
    >>think much of Epson, but liked Canon, he suggested the 3000.
    >>
    >>Reviews showed HP were expensive to buy and run (cartridges were just
    >>way to expensive), while Canon were amongst the best quality for output
    >>and the cartridges cheaper then Epson and way cheaper than HP.
    >>
    >>I would never buy a HP again personally.
    >>
    >>regards
    >>
    >>Thing

    > If you need long life Prints then is has to be a Epson, known Facts, Canons
    > are crap when it come to that, Epson is the Only None Bubble Jet..
    >

    > With the Toms review Epson came out best for Quality..
    >

    > The Running cost are dearer with the Canon as the print heads just don't
    > last..

    Tom's hardware commented that the epson had the better quality but it
    was only just above the Canon.

    What is the price of a new head? The Canon ink seems cheaper to buy, so
    it really depends on the amount of use it sees.

    regards

    thing
    thing, Feb 2, 2005
  12. thing

    Mark S Guest

    I love my Stylus 310... printing on DVDs/CDs rocks, plus the regular print
    quality is awesome, oh and the built in card reader.... and so on :)

    Mark S, Feb 2, 2005