    by myself, or you recommend me to pay the courses?

    Thanks, and excuse me for my terrible english.

    PolO.

    PolO Te Lleva., Mar 8, 2006

  2. PolO Te Lleva.

    LnkWizard Guest

    Buy the books, get some equipment and set up your own network.
    Play with it, break it and fix it, follow the labs in the books. MUCH
    better than going to a class unless you know for certain that they will
    do more than teach the tests.

    Lnkwizard2 MCNGP 2^5

    http://www.mcngp.com

    "PolO Te Lleva." <PolO Te > wrote in message
    > Hi, I'm a mexican college student and network support engineer...
    >
    > I want to get the MCSE cert, in my understanding I will have to pass

    several
    > exams in order to get it, and one of them is the 70-270, right? Well,

    there
    > is a Microsoft approved learning center here at Mexico City that offers

    the
    > following courses to help passing the exam: 2274, 2275, and 2285. However,
    > I'd have to pay US$2000 to receive those courses. Do you think that is to
    > expensive (or cheap) to pay, and I'd better buy the MS Press book to pass

    it

    LnkWizard, Mar 8, 2006

  3. PolO Te Lleva.

    kpg Guest

    PolO Te Lleva. <PolO Te > said something
    like

    > Hi, I'm a mexican college student and network support engineer...
    >
    > I want to get the MCSE cert, in my understanding I will have to pass
    > several exams in order to get it, and one of them is the 70-270,
    > right? Well, there is a Microsoft approved learning center here at
    > Mexico City that offers the following courses to help passing the
    > exam: 2274, 2275, and 2285. However, I'd have to pay US$2000 to
    > receive those courses. Do you think that is to expensive (or cheap) to
    > pay, and I'd better buy the MS Press book to pass it by myself, or you
    > recommend me to pay the courses?
    >
    > Thanks, and excuse me for my terrible english.
    >
    > PolO.

    if it's 2000 Pesos then go for it.

    PS - I like your shirts.

    kpg, Mar 8, 2006
  4. PolO Te Lleva.

    CBIC Guest

    In news:,
    PolO Te Lleva. <PolO Te > embarrassed
    himself by saying:
    > Hi, I'm a mexican college student and network support engineer...
    >
    > I want to get the MCSE cert, in my understanding I will have to pass
    > several exams in order to get it, and one of them is the 70-270,
    > right? Well, there is a Microsoft approved learning center here at
    > Mexico City that offers the following courses to help passing the
    > exam: 2274, 2275, and 2285. However, I'd have to pay US$2000 to
    > receive those courses. Do you think that is to expensive (or cheap)
    > to pay, and I'd better buy the MS Press book to pass it by myself, or
    > you recommend me to pay the courses?
    >
    > Thanks, and excuse me for my terrible english.
    >
    > PolO.

    Take the 2 grand buy a few computers, build a home network, and break and
    fix. Get a few good books from MSPress or Sybex and go through the labs.
    You'll learn much more doing this than sitting through a class. By the way,
    your english is not terrible. In fact, it's better than alot of native
    english speakers.
    --
    aka
    Doom MCNGP #38

    CBIC, Mar 8, 2006
  5. "kpg" wrote:

    > PolO Te Lleva. <PolO Te > said something
    > like
    >
    > > Hi, I'm a mexican college student and network support engineer...
    > >
    > > I want to get the MCSE cert, in my understanding I will have to pass
    > > several exams in order to get it, and one of them is the 70-270,
    > > right? Well, there is a Microsoft approved learning center here at
    > > Mexico City that offers the following courses to help passing the
    > > exam: 2274, 2275, and 2285. However, I'd have to pay US$2000 to
    > > receive those courses. Do you think that is to expensive (or cheap) to
    > > pay, and I'd better buy the MS Press book to pass it by myself, or you
    > > recommend me to pay the courses?
    > >
    > > Thanks, and excuse me for my terrible english.
    > >
    > > PolO.

    > if it's 2000 Pesos then go for it.
    >
    > PS - I like your shirts.

    Thank you all very much for answering, I think I'll try to pass the exam by
    myself and probably I can save some money, if so I promise to tell you.

    Well, I hope it's 2000 pesos, but they're dollars so it's a lot of money
    (for me, at least).

    The shirts? Yep they're cool, however Lacoste is givin' a huge headache to
    the company.

    Thanks again.

    PolO.

    PolO Te Lleva., Mar 8, 2006
  6. PolO Te Lleva.

    Julia B Guest

    That's not high. That's what they cost here too.

    Julia B, Mar 10, 2006
  7. CBIC wrote:
    > In news:,
    > PolO Te Lleva. <PolO Te > embarrassed
    > himself by saying:
    > > Hi, I'm a mexican college student and network support engineer...
    > >
    > > I want to get the MCSE cert, in my understanding I will have to pass
    > > several exams in order to get it, and one of them is the 70-270,
    > > right? Well, there is a Microsoft approved learning center here at
    > > Mexico City that offers the following courses to help passing the
    > > exam: 2274, 2275, and 2285. However, I'd have to pay US$2000 to
    > > receive those courses. Do you think that is to expensive (or cheap)
    > > to pay, and I'd better buy the MS Press book to pass it by myself, or
    > > you recommend me to pay the courses?
    > >
    > > Thanks, and excuse me for my terrible english.
    > >
    > > PolO.

    > Take the 2 grand buy a few computers, build a home network, and break and
    > fix. Get a few good books from MSPress or Sybex and go through the labs.
    > You'll learn much more doing this than sitting through a class. By the way,
    > your english is not terrible. In fact, it's better than alot of native
    > english speakers.

    2k $ seems steep for a single examn. My boss currently has 12 of us
    working on obtaining MCSE. Per examn we get two days with a teacher
    going trough the course manual, then a single day examn preparation and
    then the examn (all this spread over a 7 week period). The whole thing
    costs my boss 5400 euro per person.

    I think that you could prepare very well for the 270 one with three old
    workstations. (P3-500 with 128mb ram go for around 120 euro here) a
    textbook and some time.

    Jeroen

    Jeroen Wijnands, Mar 10, 2006