Recommendation for entry level VOIP hard phone

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Allan, Dec 11, 2013.

  1. Allan

    tony sayer Guest

    In article <l8pvcf$c6a$>, Andrew Benham
    <> scribeth thus
    >On Mon, 16 Dec 2013 22:05:35 +0000, Graham J wrote:
    >
    >> Chris Davies wrote:

    >>> Oh well. Next time I'm in one of our offices I'll see if I can remember
    >>> to test SIP against the 2830 there. Mind you, it'll be Sipgate or Betamax;
    >>> I don't have a Voipfone account to test against.

    >> I suspect the problem is specific to Voipfone!
    >>
    >> I have a vague recollection that it expected a NAT tunnel to be open
    >> long after the Vigor had got bored and closed it.

    >I've a suspicion that there's something odd with Voipfone. My Grandstream
    >BT200 (which works on other VoIP accounts) seems to disconnect at odd
    >times. And the Ekiga softphone (which is the softphone I prefer with Linux)
    >doesn't want to play with Voipfone at all - I got as far as faking a SRV
    >record for voipfone on my local DNS server which Ekiga seemed keen on having,
    >but that didn't actually help the problem.
    >So far, not using Voipfone is my best solution.

    Ask them .. we look after a few lines now with VoIPfone and no problems
    at all:)...

    --
    Tony Sayer
    tony sayer, Dec 18, 2013

  2. Allan

    Allan Guest

    On 11/12/2013 22:45, Allan wrote:
    > Does anyone have a recommendation for a basic VOIP hard phone. For
    > various reasons, I have a short term need for a VOIP phone that will
    > plug straight into a router (ethernet cable), and use something like
    > voipbuster, to talk to someone the other end who’s also on VOIP.
    > Tips, pointers, manufacturers, sources all welcome.
    > Thanks

    Thanks for all the tips, info and advice, which have been very helpful,
    and have made me look at my existing router and take the opportunity to
    upgrade that to include one with VOIP, which would seem a better option
    than going standalone, or splashing out on extra kit when buying a new
    router would kill several birds etc. I may create a new post with views
    on such a modem/router although there's been some very helpful feedback
    on an equivalent post on uk.diy.
    Thanks
    Allan
    Allan, Dec 18, 2013