    Any recommendations please?
    TIA
    Neal

    Neal Phillips, Oct 22, 2004

  2. Neal Phillips

    Daniel Guest

    Neal Phillips wrote:

    > I need to install a dual head video card for some development work I'm
    > doing.
    > I really don't want to spend a fortune. This is a one off project.
    > The project is simple business software running under Windows. I don't play
    > games so I don't need very high specs.
    > Any recommendations please?
    > TIA
    > Neal

    Albatron FX5200EP 128MB card (VGA + DVI + TV/out). Has dual 350MHz DACs, and
    image quality is good (I've tried one). Plus, has no annoying fan, but, the
    heatsink is fairly serious for this type of card (so make sure you haven't
    got any components - like a front-panel audio connectors for instance, hovering
    right where the heatsink sticks out).

    $129.67 from Ascent (www.ascent.co.nz).

    Doesn't sell with a DVI->VGA adapter, so you need to buy that separate.

    Cheers,

    Daniel, Oct 22, 2004

  3. Neal Phillips

    Daniel Guest

    Daniel wrote:
    > Neal Phillips wrote:
    >
    > Albatron FX5200EP 128MB card (VGA + DVI + TV/out). Has dual 350MHz DACs,
    > and
    > image quality is good (I've tried one). Plus, has no annoying fan, but, the
    > heatsink is fairly serious for this type of card (so make sure you haven't
    > got any components - like a front-panel audio connectors for instance,
    > hovering
    > right where the heatsink sticks out).
    >
    > $129.67 from Ascent (www.ascent.co.nz).
    >
    > Doesn't sell with a DVI->VGA adapter, so you need to buy that separate.
    >
    > Cheers,

    Now that my "pricespy" is finally working, looks like a dual-head FX5200
    from Super Cheap Computers is selling for $88.82.

    Daniel, Oct 22, 2004
  4. Neal Phillips

    Daniel Guest

    Daniel wrote:

    > Neal Phillips wrote:
    >
    > Albatron FX5200EP 128MB card (VGA + DVI + TV/out). Has dual 350MHz DACs,
    > and
    > image quality is good (I've tried one). Plus, has no annoying fan, but, the
    > heatsink is fairly serious for this type of card (so make sure you haven't
    > got any components - like a front-panel audio connectors for instance,
    > hovering
    > right where the heatsink sticks out).
    >
    > $129.67 from Ascent (www.ascent.co.nz).
    >
    > Doesn't sell with a DVI->VGA adapter, so you need to buy that separate.
    >
    > Cheers,

    Now, I remember why I purchased that card.

    It's got 3 year warranty!

    Daniel, Oct 22, 2004
  5. Daniel
    Many thanks for all that.
    Cheers
    Neal

    Neal Phillips, Oct 22, 2004
  6. Neal Phillips wrote:

    > I need to install a dual head video card for some development work I'm
    > doing.
    > I really don't want to spend a fortune. This is a one off project.
    > The project is simple business software running under Windows. I don't play
    > games so I don't need very high specs.
    > Any recommendations please?

    I have a matrox G450 16MB that I was going to sell in here(limited
    audience for it elsewhere).
    anyone know what they're worth?

    although a lot of the cheaper cards do it just as good these days.

    Nvidia GF5200 or something similar would probably be fine.

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://www.dave.net.nz

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Oct 22, 2004
  7. Neal Phillips

    Matthias Guest

    Neal Phillips wrote:

    > I need to install a dual head video card for some development work I'm
    > doing.
    > I really don't want to spend a fortune. This is a one off project.
    > The project is simple business software running under Windows. I don't play
    > games so I don't need very high specs.
    > Any recommendations please?

    Matrox. You should be able to get a used G450 reasonably cheaply.

    -- Matthias

    Matthias, Oct 22, 2004
  8. Matthias wrote:
    >> I need to install a dual head video card for some development work I'm
    >> doing.
    >> Any recommendations please?

    > Matrox. You should be able to get a used G450 reasonably cheaply.

    heh, see my post.
    lovely graphics quality, hence why I've kept it.

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://www.dave.net.nz

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Oct 22, 2004
  9. Neal Phillips

    bAZZ Guest

    In article <>, says...
    > Matthias wrote:
    > >> I need to install a dual head video card for some development work I'm
    > >> doing.
    > >> Any recommendations please?

    > > Matrox. You should be able to get a used G450 reasonably cheaply.

    > heh, see my post.
    > lovely graphics quality, hence why I've kept it.

    Don't those do fixed freq too ? If so a damn fine card.
    bAZZ..>>

    bAZZ, Oct 25, 2004
  10. bAZZ wrote:
    >>>Matrox. You should be able to get a used G450 reasonably cheaply.

    >>lovely graphics quality, hence why I've kept it.

    > Don't those do fixed freq too ? If so a damn fine card.

    fixed frequency?
    as in h-sync?

    --
    Dave.net.nz