    standard POTS port as well as an integrated ethernet switch.

    What would you recommend - another PAP2 or something with extra
    facilities (as long as the cost is not more than around £80)?

    B, Feb 20, 2010

  2. B

    Woody Guest

    "B" <Á@.å> wrote in message
    news:...
    I currently have a PAP2 which works fine but I' need a second
    ATA. To
    my surprise the price of these ATAs is now (around £40) about the
    same
    as 5 years ago when I bought mine (I had assumed price would have
    come
    down). I would rather like to have some additional facilities
    like a
    standard POTS port as well as an integrated ethernet switch.

    What would you recommend - another PAP2 or something with extra
    facilities (as long as the cost is not more than around £80)?

    Grandstream have always been regarded as a good make, but why not
    Sipura?

    Sipura were taken over by Linksys so are now part of the Cisco
    family, but the older model numbers still survive. Since you are
    happy with your PAP2T why not look at the SPA2000 or SPA3000
    series?

    If you want help on setting (at least) the SPA2000 look on the
    Sipgate web site under Sipura - it really does make life easy!

    --
    Woody

    harrogate three at ntlworld dot com

    Woody, Feb 20, 2010

  3. B

    Brian A Guest

    On Sat, 20 Feb 2010 08:01:12 +0000, Woody wrote:

    > "B" <Ã@.Ã¥> wrote in message
    > news:... I currently have a
    > PAP2 which works fine but I' need a second ATA. To
    > my surprise the price of these ATAs is now (around £40) about the same
    > as 5 years ago when I bought mine (I had assumed price would have come
    > down). I would rather like to have some additional facilities like a
    > standard POTS port as well as an integrated ethernet switch.
    >
    > What would you recommend - another PAP2 or something with extra
    > facilities (as long as the cost is not more than around £80)?
    >

    > Grandstream have always been regarded as a good make, but why not
    > Sipura?
    >
    > Sipura were taken over by Linksys so are now part of the Cisco family,
    > but the older model numbers still survive. Since you are happy with your
    > PAP2T why not look at the SPA2000 or SPA3000 series?
    >
    > If you want help on setting (at least) the SPA2000 look on the Sipgate
    > web site under Sipura - it really does make life easy!

    Linksys/Sipura/Cisco SPA-3102 as an ATA.
    This is an ATA router. It has a single router output so it OK if you want
    to feed just one computer but the QoS on the router does not, in my
    experience, perform very well.
    However, if you ignore the router part and just use it as an ATA it has
    advantages over the PAP2.
    Briefly...
    1. You can connect a landline phone to it so that landline and voip calls
    can be made and received on a single set of handsets.
    2. You can have up to 5 outgoing providers + landline.

    --
    Please remove 'no_spam_' from email address

    Brian A, Feb 23, 2010
  4. B

    B Guest

    On Tue, 23 Feb 2010 11:46:41 GMT, Brian A wrote:

    >Linksys/Sipura/Cisco SPA-3102 as an ATA.
    >This is an ATA router. It has a single router output so it OK if you want
    >to feed just one computer but the QoS on the router does not, in my
    >experience, perform very well.
    >However, if you ignore the router part and just use it as an ATA it has
    >advantages over the PAP2.
    >Briefly...
    >1. You can connect a landline phone to it so that landline and voip calls
    >can be made and received on a single set of handsets.
    >2. You can have up to 5 outgoing providers + landline.

    Sounds good. Is the dial plan set-up similar to my PAP2? Have you any
    recommendation for a supplier offering a good price for a new one?

    B, Feb 23, 2010
  5. B

    Sinna Guest

    On 2/23/2010 11:19 PM, B wrote:
    > On Tue, 23 Feb 2010 11:46:41 GMT, Brian A wrote:
    >
    >> Linksys/Sipura/Cisco SPA-3102 as an ATA.
    >> This is an ATA router. It has a single router output so it OK if you want
    >> to feed just one computer but the QoS on the router does not, in my
    >> experience, perform very well.
    >> However, if you ignore the router part and just use it as an ATA it has
    >> advantages over the PAP2.
    >> Briefly...
    >> 1. You can connect a landline phone to it so that landline and voip calls
    >> can be made and received on a single set of handsets.
    >> 2. You can have up to 5 outgoing providers + landline.

    > Sounds good. Is the dial plan set-up similar to my PAP2? Have you any
    > recommendation for a supplier offering a good price for a new one?

    AFAIK they share the same Web Interface so setting up the dial plan will
    be (about?) the same.

    Sinna

    Sinna, Feb 24, 2010
  6. B

    Brian A Guest

    On Wed, 24 Feb 2010 08:31:31 +0100, Sinna wrote:

    > On 2/23/2010 11:19 PM, B wrote:
    >> On Tue, 23 Feb 2010 11:46:41 GMT, Brian A wrote:
    >>
    >>> Linksys/Sipura/Cisco SPA-3102 as an ATA. This is an ATA router. It has
    >>> a single router output so it OK if you want to feed just one computer
    >>> but the QoS on the router does not, in my experience, perform very
    >>> well.
    >>> However, if you ignore the router part and just use it as an ATA it
    >>> has advantages over the PAP2.
    >>> Briefly...
    >>> 1. You can connect a landline phone to it so that landline and voip
    >>> calls can be made and received on a single set of handsets. 2. You can
    >>> have up to 5 outgoing providers + landline.

    >> Sounds good. Is the dial plan set-up similar to my PAP2? Have you any
    >> recommendation for a supplier offering a good price for a new one?

    > AFAIK they share the same Web Interface so setting up the dial plan will
    > be (about?) the same.
    >
    > Sinna

    £54 +post from broadbandstuff.co.uk and broadbandbuyer.co.uk
    There are slightly cheaper prices from less well known vendors.

    --
    Please remove 'no_spam_' from email address

    Brian A, Feb 26, 2010