    zoom lens in the 300 mm range for the Nikon D70?

    thanks,
    Dan

    Dan P, Oct 19, 2004

  2. Dan P

    G-Man Guest

    Nikon - 70-300mm F4-5.6 'G' Autofocus Zoom Lens is only $179 at Ritz Camera.
    I got this lense when I got the camera last week, but I ordered the 70-300MM
    D Lens because I want a little faster speed. I don't think you will find a
    better suited lens in that price range.

    Here's my first shots with it:

    http://www.gwfweb.com/family/041016

    G-Man, Oct 19, 2004

  3. Dan P

    vhl Guest

    G-Man <> wrote:
    > Nikon - 70-300mm F4-5.6 'G' Autofocus Zoom Lens is only $179 at Ritz Camera.
    > I got this lense when I got the camera last week, but I ordered the 70-300MM
    > D Lens because I want a little faster speed. I don't think you will find a
    > better suited lens in that price range.

    > Here's my first shots with it:

    > http://www.gwfweb.com/family/041016

    The 70-300 is an okay lens for the price. I paid A$250 about
    a year ago. I broke the plastic mount though, but was repaired on
    warranty. Not sure if the D is faster, I thought it as the
    same 4-5.6?

    The sharpness at 300 is best at f/11 though. Optically, there
    probably isn't much between the g and the d. I have a 300/2.8,
    and image quality of that is better than the G at f/11 when its
    at 2.8. So that beats the G hands down, but weighs about 10 times
    the G and costs about 20 times more.

    Regards,
    Vin.

    --