    Paul.
    --
    Paul McGuinness
    Paul McGuinness, Nov 27, 2008

  2. Paul McGuinness

    Ivor Jones Guest

    In news:,
    Paul McGuinness <> typed, for some strange,
    unexplained reason:
    : I have done some searching and the three main contenders are Snom,
    : Linksys, and Grandstream, all available from Sipgate shop. Two people
    : will use this as a home business phone, so nothing sophisticated
    : needed. I want corded rather than cordless and will probably want to
    : use a headset with it.
    : Thanks for any feedback.
    : Paul.

    Personally I'd use an ATA and an ordinary landline phone. That way you can
    plug what you like in exactly as you would with an ordinary landline, or
    even feed the lines into a PBX.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Nov 27, 2008

  3. In article <>,
    Paul McGuinness <> wrote:
    >I have done some searching and the three main contenders are Snom,
    >Linksys, and Grandstream, all available from Sipgate shop. Two people
    >will use this as a home business phone, so nothing sophisticated needed.
    >I want corded rather than cordless and will probably want to use a
    >headset with it.

    I've mostly installed Grandstreams - The GXP2000 is nice and good if
    you want a multi-line appearance.

    Snoms are nice too, but you get less phone for your money. Audio quality
    is slightly better on the Snom than the Grandstream though. Both can
    have headsets plugged in. If you like to enter names for the phone book,
    then unless you go for the really expenaive Snom 360, the Grandstreams
    have bigger displays.

    I've no first-hand expeirence of Linksys phones though.

    If you want a UK source to buy them from, look at:

    http://www.voipon.co.uk/

    Gordon
    Gordon Henderson, Nov 27, 2008
  4. Paul McGuinness

    Woody Guest

    "Paul McGuinness" <> wrote in message
    >I have done some searching and the three main contenders are Snom,
    >Linksys, and Grandstream, all available from Sipgate shop. Two people
    >will use this as a home business phone, so nothing sophisticated
    >needed. I want corded rather than cordless and will probably want to
    >use a headset with it.
    > Thanks for any feedback.
    > Paul.
    > --
    > Paul McGuinness

    Linksys 2102 (which was the Sipura) is a good model - I have one and
    have had no problems in well over a year.

    --
    Woody

    harrogate three at ntlworld dot com
    Woody, Nov 27, 2008
  5. Paul McGuinness

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    Paul McGuinness wrote:
    > I have done some searching and the three main contenders are Snom,
    > Linksys, and Grandstream, all available from Sipgate shop. Two people
    > will use this as a home business phone, so nothing sophisticated needed.

    Grandstream are cheap and cheerful.

    Snom are solid and reliable.

    When I was buying for my business I chose the Snom. For home the
    Grandstream I have is fine.
    Desk Rabbit, Nov 28, 2008
  6. Paul McGuinness

    Tim Guest

    Mr JM wrote:
    > The only regret on the
    > SNOM300: the screen is small, and there is no backlight....

    Newer Snom300s do have a screen backlight and also PoE.,

    All those under about a year old (from reputable suppliers) should have
    backlights.

    The only Snom in the current range with no backlight is Snom320.

    Tim
    Tim, Dec 4, 2008