    certain time in the evening with doing in manually all the time!

    Thanks for your help,
    Bill

    whsce, Jan 16, 2007

  2. whsce

    Lem Guest

    whsce wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I don't have any problems with my current Netgear setup. I just need a
    > recommendation for a new wireless router that can be configured to
    > automatically block access to particular mac id's in my home after a certain
    > hour. I just want to be able to "shut down" the kids internet access after a
    > certain time in the evening with doing in manually all the time!
    >
    > Thanks for your help,
    > Bill

    You may receive a lot of parenting advice (this sort of question tends
    to elicit that here). I decline to tell you how to raise your kids.

    You can do the research yourself: the User Guides for the major SOHO
    wireless routers are available from the mfr's websites. For example,

    http://www.linksys.com
    http://www.dlink.com
    http://www.buffalotech.com/

    I haven't had the need to look for this info for most brands, but I can
    tell you that the Linksys WRT54GL (and probably all of the Linksys
    wireless routers) can do exactly what you want. See pp. 48-50 (pdf
    pages 56-58) of the UG, which can be downloaded here:
    http://tinyurl.com/8b9ap

    --
    Lem MS MVP -- Networking

    Lem, Jan 16, 2007