    TIA

    John the West Ham fan

    <><

    housetrained, May 14, 2011

  2. housetrained

    VanguardLH Guest

    housetrained wrote:

    > what desktop computer would you recommend - mainly internet use, no games?
    > Reasonably fast.
    > TIA
    >
    > John the West Ham fan
    >

    > <><

    Depends on how much you want to spend and how much you really have to
    spend and how easily you can be swayed to spend more than you have and
    how long into the future you intend to keep using this computer along
    with which operating system you want to use or which ones you are
    willing to learn and ...

    VanguardLH, May 14, 2011

  3. housetrained

    housetrained Guest

    "VanguardLH" wrote in message news:iqlino$j6l$...

    housetrained wrote:

    > what desktop computer would you recommend - mainly internet use, no games?
    > Reasonably fast.
    > TIA
    >
    > John the West Ham fan
    >

    > <><

    Depends on how much you want to spend and how much you really have to
    spend and how easily you can be swayed to spend more than you have and
    how long into the future you intend to keep using this computer along
    with which operating system you want to use or which ones you are
    willing to learn and ...

    Thanks. I'll ask him and get back
    John

    housetrained, May 14, 2011
  4. Any.

    Go to Costco and buy a computer.

    Jeff Strickland, May 14, 2011
  5. "Jeff Strickland" <> wrote in message
    > Any.
    >
    > Go to Costco and buy a computer.

    Go to Frys. Go to Best Buy. Crap, go to Walmart.

    Be advised, you will get Windows 7 as the operating system. You seem to have
    little understanding of PCs, so it may not matter. But if you were an
    old-time DOS 3.1 user that has come up through the many different versions
    of Windows, then Win7 will be an annoyance.

    Jeff Strickland, May 14, 2011
  6. housetrained

    Kele Guest

    The custom PC builders I recently checked out for a part can build one for
    $1200 - infiniti. But they said, they can't compete with Dell for $. I
    never mentioned Dell, he did. Owner recommended to me Dell XPS for my needs
    (video editing I told him). For helping others, I see mainly HPs. Might be
    that HP's are common is stores so there's more of them out there. The worst
    HP involved a currupt partition. I'm not getting HP, but do like their
    monitors.

    I'd like to hear what others here think is a good PC brand line too - for 12
    years/around $800 and HQ/Win 8?/MS Office/video editing (CS5.5) should cover
    it.

    -------------------------

    Kele, May 14, 2011
  7. Kele was thinking very hard and all he could come up with was:
    > The custom PC builders I recently checked out for a part can build one for
    > $1200 - infiniti. But they said, they can't compete with Dell for $. I
    > never mentioned Dell, he did. Owner recommended to me Dell XPS for my needs
    > (video editing I told him). For helping others, I see mainly HPs. Might be
    > that HP's are common is stores so there's more of them out there. The worst
    > HP involved a currupt partition. I'm not getting HP, but do like their
    > monitors.
    >
    > I'd like to hear what others here think is a good PC brand line too - for 12
    > years/around $800 and HQ/Win 8?/MS Office/video editing (CS5.5) should cover
    > it.
    >

    > -------------------------
    > "housetrained" <> wrote:
    >
    >> what desktop computer would you recommend - mainly internet use, no games?
    >> Reasonably fast.
    >> TIA
    >>
    >> John the West Ham fan
    >>

    >> <><

    There's good and bad features in most brands out there. I agree HP
    seems to be the main computer on the shelves of generic stores, at
    least from what I'm seeing, but as we all know, this doesn't make it
    the best.

    I favor a homebrew. You get exactly what you want - and nothing else.

    I know my favorite mass market cases were on older Dell models.

    --
    -There are some who call me...
    Jim

    "You got to be careful if you don't know where you're going, because
    you might not get there."
    - Yogi Berra

    James D Andrews, May 14, 2011
  8. housetrained

    Kele Guest

    It is and so is IE9. I don't like the trend.

    Kele, May 14, 2011