recommend me which one of these digital cams ?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Mario, Oct 26, 2004.

  1. Mario

    Mario Guest

    Hello,

    I have narrowed down the choice of digital cameras to:

    Olympus C5050 or C6060

    I think the c5050 is no longer available, which one replaces it ?

    or

    Canon: G5, S50, S60 or A80

    I want a good camera for travelling and also good in poor light conditions.

    I also want it to have as optional an underwater case when I go diving.

    And if possible external flash attachment.

    Which of the above cameras you recommend me ?

    Any other brand or model you recommend me ?

    Thanks,

    Mario
    Mario, Oct 26, 2004

  2. Mario wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have narrowed down the choice of digital cameras to:
    >
    > Olympus C5050 or C6060
    >
    > I think the c5050 is no longer available, which one replaces it ?
    >
    > or
    >
    > Canon: G5, S50, S60 or A80
    >
    > I want a good camera for travelling and also good in poor light

    conditions.

    > I also want it to have as optional an underwater case when I go

    diving.

    > And if possible external flash attachment.
    >
    > Which of the above cameras you recommend me ?
    >
    > Any other brand or model you recommend me ?

    For low-light do check if the cameras have AF assist illuminator. I
    believe all Olympuses do not sport an AF Assist lamp.
    Cheers,

    Siddhartha
    Siddhartha Jain, Oct 26, 2004

  3. Siddhartha Jain wrote:

    > Mario wrote:
    >
    >>Hello,
    >>
    >>I have narrowed down the choice of digital cameras to:
    >>
    >>Olympus C5050 or C6060
    >>
    >>I think the c5050 is no longer available, which one replaces it ?
    >>
    >>or
    >>
    >>Canon: G5, S50, S60 or A80
    >>
    >>I want a good camera for travelling and also good in poor light

    > conditions.
    >
    >>I also want it to have as optional an underwater case when I go

    > diving.
    >
    >>And if possible external flash attachment.
    >>
    >>Which of the above cameras you recommend me ?
    >>
    >>Any other brand or model you recommend me ?

    > For low-light do check if the cameras have AF assist illuminator. I
    > believe all Olympuses do not sport an AF Assist lamp.
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Siddhartha

    Fro starters the 6060 was never made, and the 5050 is not made any more.
    I do know for sure that the 5050 has an IR focus assist lamp. As I am
    sure that all models in the CXXXXZ line do have AF assist. My C5050Z
    incorporates the fastest lens I believe of any camera in its class being
    an f1.8. I would look at a C5060Z or pick up a used C5050Z as I am not
    fond of the battery arrangement in the C5060Z.

    Jack
    Jack-of-the-Dust, Oct 27, 2004
  4. Jack-of-the-Dust wrote:
    > Fro starters the 6060 was never made, and the 5050 is not made any

    more.
    > I do know for sure that the 5050 has an IR focus assist lamp. As I am

    > sure that all models in the CXXXXZ line do have AF assist. My C5050Z
    > incorporates the fastest lens I believe of any camera in its class

    being
    > an f1.8. I would look at a C5060Z or pick up a used C5050Z as I am

    not
    > fond of the battery arrangement in the C5060Z.

    Ok, so the CXXXXZ (5050, 5060 etc) have AF assist while the CXXXUZ
    (C-700,740, 7500 do not.
    Siddhartha Jain, Oct 27, 2004