    separate search.

    Lex

  2. || wrote:

    > Can someone recommend a Firewire external hard drive case that
    > supports 3.5" IDE and SATA? I can not find it if it does exist on the
    > internet. I only seem to be able to find USB 2.0.
    >
    > Do they make such a combination that supports Ethernet? This is a
    > separate search.

    Inside you can have either IDE (2.5" or 3.5") or SATA, but not both.
    Outside there is (any combination of) usb/firewire and even eSATA
    connectors, with or without a ethernet port.
    Some ethernet drive enclosures use a proprietary protocol and need a
    (windows-only) driver for mapping as a network drive.

    Walter Mautner, Mar 17, 2007

  3. ||

    WhzzKdd Guest

    "||" <> wrote in message
    > Can someone recommend a Firewire external hard drive case that
    > supports 3.5" IDE and SATA? I can not find it if it does exist on the
    > internet. I only seem to be able to find USB 2.0.
    >
    > Do they make such a combination that supports Ethernet? This is a
    > separate search.

    As Walter said, you won't get an enclosure that does both IDE and SATA. Take
    your pick. Then shop:

    Firewire:
    <http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2010090092&bop=And&SrchInDesc=firewire&Page=1>

    Ethernet:
    <http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2010090092&bop=And&SrchInDesc=ethernet&Page=1>

    Warning: read the user reviews on any of those - some can be real crap.
    WhzzKdd, Mar 17, 2007
  4. ||

    WhzzKdd Guest

    > "||" <> wrote in message
    >> Can someone recommend a Firewire external hard drive case that
    >> supports 3.5" IDE and SATA? I can not find it if it does exist on the
    >> internet. I only seem to be able to find USB 2.0.
    >>
    >> Do they make such a combination that supports Ethernet? This is a
    >> separate search.
    >>

    > As Walter said, you won't get an enclosure that does both IDE and SATA.

    I must correct myself: I did find these in that list that say they do both
    IDE and SATA:

    Ethernet:
    <http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817159063>
    (Warning: BAD REVIEWS)

    Firewire:
    <http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2010090092&page=1&srchInDesc=SATA%20%26%20IDE&bop=And>
    Again, some of these have seriously bad reviews.

    Shop happy!
    WhzzKdd, Mar 17, 2007