    there and I was wondering if any are worth running.

    thanks,
    alan.
    alan jeeves, Apr 16, 2004

  2. alan jeeves

    Boomer Guest

    "alan jeeves" <> wrote in
    news:c5ng6d$4s5$2surf.net:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Can anyone recommend to me a registry cleaner. I already use
    > Spybot and Adaware but do they remove all the wrong/bad/false
    > registry entries? And is there a program that will, because
    > there's plenty of reg cleaning apps out there and I was wondering
    > if any are worth running.
    >
    > thanks,
    > alan.

    Hi

    You might want to check out °Mike°'s
    Basic computer maintenance
    Boomer, Apr 16, 2004

  3. alan jeeves

    Irony Alert Guest

    $2surf.net...
    > Hi,
    >
    > Can anyone recommend to me a registry cleaner. I already use Spybot and
    > Adaware but do they remove all the wrong/bad/false registry entries? And

    is
    > there a program that will, because there's plenty of reg cleaning apps out
    > there and I was wondering if any are worth running.
    >
    > thanks,
    > alan.

    Regclean

    Just google for it, it comes from Microsoft and is free. I've read that
    some people have issues with it, but I've used it on all flavors of windows
    & had no problems. Just backup your registry before using it.
    Irony Alert, Apr 16, 2004
  4. alan jeeves

    PuppyKatt Guest

    Hi Boomer. I just clicked the link to Mike's website, and got a message
    saying that the page is temporarily unavailable. :(

    "Boomer" <> wrote in message
    : "alan jeeves" <> wrote in
    : news:c5ng6d$4s5$2surf.net:
    :
    : > Hi,
    : >
    : http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/maintenance.html
    PuppyKatt, Apr 16, 2004
  5. alan jeeves

    bardeban Guest

    use " Registry Mechanic". you can download it from kazaa with registration
    number. It is an excellent tool.

    bardeban, Apr 16, 2004
  6. alan jeeves

    Boomer Guest

    "PuppyKatt" <> wrote in

    > Hi Boomer. I just clicked the link to Mike's website, and got a
    > message saying that the page is temporarily unavailable. :(

    I just troed and got this message:
    "The web site you are trying to access has exceeded its allocated data
    transfer. Access to this site will be restored within an hour. Please
    try again later."

    [snip]

    Boomer, Apr 16, 2004
  7. alan jeeves

    Boomer Guest

    "Irony Alert" <> wrote in

    > $2surf.net...
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Can anyone recommend to me a registry cleaner. I already use
    >> Spybot and Adaware but do they remove all the wrong/bad/false
    >> registry entries? And

    > is
    >> there a program that will, because there's plenty of reg cleaning
    >> apps out there and I was wondering if any are worth running.
    >>
    >> thanks,
    >> alan.

    > Regclean
    >
    > Just google for it, it comes from Microsoft and is free. I've
    > read that some people have issues with it, but I've used it on all
    > flavors of windows & had no problems. Just backup your registry
    > before using it.

    I don't think it's endorsed by MS anymore. If found, I wouldn't use
    it on any OS higher than Win98. IMO
    Boomer, Apr 16, 2004
  8. alan jeeves

    Boomer Guest

    Boomer <> wrote in

    > "PuppyKatt" <> wrote in
    >
    >> Hi Boomer. I just clicked the link to Mike's website, and got a
    >> message saying that the page is temporarily unavailable. :(

    > I just troed

    'tried' <waves to ICee>

    Boomer, Apr 16, 2004
  9. alan jeeves

    Boomer Guest

    "bardeban" <> wrote in

    > use " Registry Mechanic". you can download it from kazaa with
    > registration number. It is an excellent tool.

    Warez?!

    $19.95. http://www.regnow.com/softsell/nph-softsell.cgi?item=5006-
    6&affiliate=16375

    Boomer, Apr 16, 2004
  10. alan jeeves

    ICee Guest

    Boomer wrote:
    > Boomer <> wrote in
    >
    >> "PuppyKatt" <> wrote in
    >>
    >>> Hi Boomer. I just clicked the link to Mike's website, and got a
    >>> message saying that the page is temporarily unavailable. :(

    >> I just troed

    > 'tried' <waves to ICee>

    LOL . Good evening, Toomer! ;)
    ICee, Apr 16, 2004
  11. alan jeeves

    Richard Guest

    "Easy cleaner" http://personal.inet.fi/business/toniarts/
    or www.toniarts.1-large-world.com/
    Richard, Apr 16, 2004
  12. alan jeeves

    Toomer Guest

    "ICee" <> wrote in news:SJadnSb27rawyOLdRVn-
    :

    > Boomer wrote:
    >> Boomer <> wrote in
    >>
    >>> "PuppyKatt" <> wrote in

    >>> I just troed

    >> 'tried' <waves to ICee>

    > LOL . Good evening, Toomer! ;)

    Good evening, ICee. :)

    --
    Dang little keys on this dang little keyboard!
    Toomer, Apr 16, 2004
  13. alan jeeves

    alan jeeves Guest

    > alan jeeves wrote:
    >
    > > Hi,

    > > Can anyone recommend to me a registry cleaner. I already use Spybot and
    > > Adaware but do they remove all the wrong/bad/false registry entries?

    And
    > > is there a program that will, because there's plenty of reg cleaning

    apps
    > > out there and I was wondering if any are worth running.

    > > thanks,
    > > alan.

    > "Easy cleaner" http://personal.inet.fi/business/toniarts/
    > or www.toniarts.1-large-world.com/

    I tried that - but it only showed okay / green entries!

    I tried Pest Control which highlighted a few more things/programs but the
    unregistered version don't allow you to remove them doh!

    I tried RegCleaner which I remembered from ages ago - still hasn't changed
    much but it highlighted loads of entries so that's staying on my PC.

    Alan
    alan jeeves, Apr 16, 2004
  14. alan jeeves

    Mark Guest

    Easycleaner works fine for me + adaware and Spybot will only remove spyware
    and cookies etc.

    Mark, Apr 16, 2004
  15. Once upon a time, OK, it really happened on 16 Apr 2004 03:30:05 GMT,
    Boomer <> claimed the following truncated
    trash was the absolute, fucking truth:

    >"bardeban" <> wrote in
    >
    >> use " Registry Mechanic". you can download it from kazaa with
    >> registration number. It is an excellent tool.

    >Warez?!
    >
    >$19.95. http://www.regnow.com/softsell/nph-softsell.cgi?item=5006-
    >6&affiliate=16375

    Here's some freeware that works rather nicely: It's called either WT
    Registery Cleaner or WiNner Tweak Registery Cleaner. You migh have to
    use a search engine to find it.

    Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor, Apr 16, 2004
  16. alan jeeves

    PuppyKatt Guest

    Got it just now; thanks Boomer.
    "Boomer" <> wrote in message
    : "bardeban" <> wrote in
    : news:E5Ifc.25407$:
    :
    : > use " Registry Mechanic". you can download it from kazaa with
    : > registration number. It is an excellent tool.
    :
    : Warez?!
    :
    : $19.95. http://www.regnow.com/softsell/nph-softsell.cgi?item=5006-
    : 6&affiliate=16375
    :
    :
    :
    : > "alan jeeves" <> wrote in message
    : > news:c5ng6d$4s5$2surf.net...
    : >> Hi,
    : >>
    PuppyKatt, Apr 17, 2004
  17. alan jeeves

    Boomer Guest

    "PuppyKatt" <> wrote in

    > Got it just now; thanks Boomer.

    [snip]

    You're welcome. Thanks go to Mike. :)
    Boomer, Apr 17, 2004
  18. alan jeeves

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "PuppyKatt" <> wrote in message
    > Hi Boomer. I just clicked the link to Mike's website, and got a message
    > saying that the page is temporarily unavailable. :(
    >
    > "Boomer" <> wrote in message
    > : "alan jeeves" <> wrote in
    > : news:c5ng6d$4s5$2surf.net:
    > :
    > : > Hi,
    > : >
    > : > Can anyone recommend to me a registry cleaner. I already use
    > : > Spybot and Adaware but do they remove all the wrong/bad/false
    > : > registry entries? And is there a program that will, because
    > : > there's plenty of reg cleaning apps out there and I was wondering
    > : > if any are worth running.
    > : >
    > : > thanks,
    > : > alan.
    > :
    > : Hi
    > :
    > : You might want to check out °Mike°'s
    > : Basic computer maintenance
    > : http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/maintenance.html

    Geocities limits how much traffic can occur to the personal webpage sites. I
    have a good friend with a whole lot of dragon artwork and often has users
    shut out because of the volume.

    Gee...I never have that problem with MY webpage....my puppy's pictures just
    aren't that popular, I guess <g>!

    Toolman
    Toolman Tim, Apr 17, 2004
  19. alan jeeves

    Boomer Guest

    "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in

    > "PuppyKatt" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi Boomer. I just clicked the link to Mike's website, and got a
    >> message saying that the page is temporarily unavailable. :(
    >>
    >> "Boomer" <> wrote in message

    [snip]
    >> : Hi
    >> :
    >> : You might want to check out °Mike°'s
    >> : Basic computer maintenance
    >> : http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/maintenance.html
    >>

    > Geocities limits how much traffic can occur to the personal
    > webpage sites. I have a good friend with a whole lot of dragon
    > artwork and often has users shut out because of the volume.
    >
    > Gee...I never have that problem with MY webpage....my puppy's
    > pictures just aren't that popular, I guess <g>!
    >
    > Toolman

    Maybe if you update them they would become more popular. ;)
    Boomer, Apr 17, 2004
  20. alan jeeves

    alayanke Guest

    On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 20:43:09 -0700, "Toolman Tim"
    <> wrote:

    >"PuppyKatt" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi Boomer. I just clicked the link to Mike's website, and got a message
    >> saying that the page is temporarily unavailable. :(
    >>
    >> "Boomer" <> wrote in message
    >> : "alan jeeves" <> wrote in
    >> : news:c5ng6d$4s5$2surf.net:
    >> :
    >> : > Hi,
    >> : >
    >> : > Can anyone recommend to me a registry cleaner. I already use
    >> : > Spybot and Adaware but do they remove all the wrong/bad/false
    >> : > registry entries? And is there a program that will, because
    >> : > there's plenty of reg cleaning apps out there and I was wondering
    >> : > if any are worth running.
    >> : >
    >> : > thanks,
    >> : > alan.
    >> :
    >> : Hi
    >> :
    >> : You might want to check out °Mike°'s
    >> : Basic computer maintenance
    >> : http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/maintenance.html
    >>

    >Geocities limits how much traffic can occur to the personal webpage sites. I
    >have a good friend with a whole lot of dragon artwork and often has users
    >shut out because of the volume.
    >
    >Gee...I never have that problem with MY webpage....my puppy's pictures just
    >aren't that popular, I guess <g>!
    >
    >Toolman

    I had the same problem with a page with pictures of my wife's
    puppy's......

    John
    alayanke, Apr 17, 2004