    I have a relative asking me about such things but **** me there's so
    much to consider, I wouldn't know a good one from a bad one. Maybe
    they're all shit.

    paora, Apr 13, 2005

  2. On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 06:22:55 +0000, paora wrote:

    > I have a relative asking me about such things but **** me there's so
    > much to consider, I wouldn't know a good one from a bad one. Maybe
    > they're all shit.

    might help if you share your/their definition of 'good'
    good for me was cheap.. and had a cups driver
    good for you might be photo quality or some sh*t etc etc etc

    Shane (aka froggy), Apr 13, 2005

  3. "Shane (aka froggy)" <-a-geek.net> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 06:22:55 +0000, paora wrote:
    >
    >> I have a relative asking me about such things but **** me there's so
    >> much to consider, I wouldn't know a good one from a bad one. Maybe
    >> they're all shit.

    > might help if you share your/their definition of 'good'
    > good for me was cheap.. and had a cups driver
    > good for you might be photo quality or some sh*t etc etc etc
    > --
    >
    > Hardware, n.: The parts of a computer system that can be kicked

    I agree, what do they need it to do.! Good for me was sheet-feed scanner,
    fast ppm and laser... YMMV.

    Mike_P

    news.orcon.net.nz, Apr 13, 2005
  4. paora

    Dave Taylor Guest

    "news.orcon.net.nz" <> wrote in

    > "Shane (aka froggy)" <-a-geek.net> wrote in message
    >> On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 06:22:55 +0000, paora wrote:
    >>
    >>> I have a relative asking me about such things but **** me there's so
    >>> much to consider, I wouldn't know a good one from a bad one. Maybe
    >>> they're all shit.

    >> might help if you share your/their definition of 'good'
    >> good for me was cheap.. and had a cups driver
    >> good for you might be photo quality or some sh*t etc etc etc
    >> --
    >>
    >> Hardware, n.: The parts of a computer system that can be kicked
    >>

    > I agree, what do they need it to do.! Good for me was sheet-feed
    > scanner, fast ppm and laser... YMMV.
    >
    > Mike_P

    Brother MFD has a decent price point. Don't forget to cost consumables.
    I saw a very inexpensive to buy Epson at DSE. It is expensive to run
    though.
    --
    Ciao, Dave

    Dave Taylor, Apr 13, 2005
  5. In article <-a-geek.net>, -a-geek.net wrote:
    >On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 06:22:55 +0000, paora wrote:
    >
    >> I have a relative asking me about such things but **** me there's so
    >> much to consider, I wouldn't know a good one from a bad one. Maybe
    >> they're all shit.

    >might help if you share your/their definition of 'good'
    >good for me was cheap.. and had a cups driver
    >good for you might be photo quality or some sh*t etc etc etc

    Likewise. I bought an epson because they actively support linux.
    They were very helpful and the printer has been solid.

    Bruce

    - George Bernard Shaw
    - Ambrose Bierce

    (if there were any)