    computer.

    Looking forward to your replies
    NZed

    NZed, Oct 22, 2003

  2. NZed

    Scott Guest

    On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 20:06:38 +1300, NZed wrote:

    > I am looking for a simple media player to play mpeg files (VCD format)
    > For a number of OS ...98 2000 ME XP etc.
    >
    > the smaller the program the better.
    > As a add on to a VCD format disc. So that anyone can play it on their
    > computer.
    >
    > Looking forward to your replies
    > NZed

    I find JetAudio rather good. (Don't be deceived by the name - it does
    video just as well as it does audio).

    It plays every audio & video file I've come across. It was
    suggested by somebody in this ng a while back when I was after an
    alternative to Windows Media player.

    It's free and it's good. 17meg it's not small, but it's not much of a
    VCD.
    Have a look..... http://www.jetaudio.com/download/

    - Scott

    Scott, Oct 22, 2003

  3. NZed

    NZed Guest

    Thanks for that quick reply scott....seems a little too big with all the
    codec.
    Need something less than 2meg.
    For those who will have older computers and less hard drive space.
    NZed

    NZed, Oct 22, 2003
  4. NZed

    joe_90 Guest

    NZed wrote:
    > I am looking for a simple media player to play mpeg files (VCD format)
    > For a number of OS ...98 2000 ME XP etc.
    >
    > the smaller the program the better.
    > As a add on to a VCD format disc. So that anyone can play it on their
    > computer.

    Media Player Classic.

    <1MB and just a single .exe file (no installation)

    http://sourceforge.net/projects/guliverkli/

    joe_90, Oct 22, 2003
  5. NZed

    Scott Guest

    On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 21:11:26 +1300, NZed wrote:

    > Thanks for that quick reply scott....seems a little too big with all the
    > codec.
    > Need something less than 2meg.
    > For those who will have older computers and less hard drive space.
    > NZed

    Oh. Well in that case I don't suppose it's what you're after.
    - Scott

    Scott, Oct 22, 2003
  6. NZed

    samg Guest

    "NZed" <> wrote in news:90qlb.2347$ws.232397
    @news02.tsnz.net:

    > I am looking for a simple media player to play mpeg files (VCD format)
    > For a number of OS ...98 2000 ME XP etc.
    >
    > the smaller the program the better.
    > As a add on to a VCD format disc. So that anyone can play it on their
    > computer.
    >
    > Looking forward to your replies
    > NZed

    zoomplayer. Very nice

    http://www.inmatrix.com/zplayer/

    samg, Oct 22, 2003
  7. NZed

    -=rjh=- Guest

    NZed wrote:

    > I am looking for a simple media player to play mpeg files (VCD format)
    > For a number of OS ...98 2000 ME XP etc.
    >
    > the smaller the program the better.
    > As a add on to a VCD format disc. So that anyone can play it on their
    > computer.
    >
    > Looking forward to your replies
    > NZed

    eMovix puts an OS (about 7MB) on the VCD disc, that runs from the disc - no
    hdd or Windows required. http://movix.sf.net

    GeexBox is a similar distribution that also runs from CD, it has a very
    simple graphical interface. http://www.geexbox.org

    cheers

    -=rjh=-, Oct 22, 2003