    administrator."

    How to I correct this.

    Thank you.
    Ron Flaman, Jun 26, 2003

  2. "Ron Flaman" <> wrote in message
    news:00wKa.314203$...
    > I inadvertently made Webshots my home page. Now when I try to access
    > internet options I get the message: "This operation has been cancelled due
    > to restrictions on this computer. Please contact your system
    > administrator."

    Are you using Windows NT/2000/XP? If so, log in as administrator.

    --
    Robert Schumacher
    http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schumachersforum
    Robert Schumacher, Jun 26, 2003

  3. Ron Flaman

    °Mike° Guest

    Back up your registry first.

    HOW TO Backup, Edit, and Restore the Registry in Windows
    http://support.microsoft.com/search/preview.aspx?id=kb;en-us;322754

    Close down Internet Explorer.

    Open the registry editor (Start / Run / regedit) and navigate
    to each of the following keys:

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    +SOFTWARE
    +Policies
    +Microsoft
    +Internet Explorer
    +Control Panel

    HKEY_CURRENT_USER
    +Software
    +Policies
    +Microsoft
    +Internet Explorer
    +Control Panel

    In the right hand pane, there will be an entry called HomePage.
    Either delete this entry, or change it's value to 00000000.

    On Thu, 26 Jun 2003 06:02:36 GMT, in
    <00wKa.314203$>
    Ron Flaman scrawled:

    --