    f:\232 gig

    so i would end up with C:\ 232 d:\160 E:\232

    I played with disk mamager but cannot remove the drive partiction
    =?Utf-8?B?bG9hZGVyb3Bw?=, Apr 9, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?bG9hZGVyb3Bw?=

    Theo Guest

    Where exactly is this 4.8 GB partition; which hard drive and
    is it the last partition?

    Theo, Apr 9, 2007

  3. =?Utf-8?B?bG9hZGVyb3Bw?=

    John Barnes Guest

    If the d drive is really empty, you should be able to delete it and then use
    Disk Manager to expand the c partition. You would then have c e and f
    partitions unless you change them manually in disk management.

    John Barnes, Apr 9, 2007
  4. Hello Theo

    It's on my main drive where vista is installed, my version of XP was a oem
    from gateway it left a 4.8 gig recovery partion i kept the drive when i built
    the new system when i installed Vista i first installed vista 32 upgrade then
    ordered the 64 bit disk, Clean installed vista 64 but left this little
    partion just in case i needed to reload XP as that was where all the system
    recovery files were located since that is no longer needed i deleted all the
    files in that little recovery partition And would like to remove it and have
    vista use that space.

    my main drive 232 gig ( 228 main partition)
    with this little 4.8 gig (4.8 gig unallocated)

    so i would end up with C:\ 232 gig non partitioned

    =?Utf-8?B?bG9hZGVyb3Bw?=, Apr 9, 2007
  5. If the D: drive is a Logical drive in an Extended Partition you will need to
    remove the Logical Drive and you then delete the Extended Partition but you
    will need some third party software to merge it back into your C:
    partition - otherwise it will just be unused space sitting at the end with
    no way to get to it beyond setting it up as a 4.8GB Logical drive again.

    But be carefull now, because if the C: drive is also a Logical Drive and the
    whole disk is an Extended Partition then you are risking your system unless
    you are aware of what you are doing. Take care so that you can fit it into
    your mind what those partitions are and how the system are using it all!!!

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Apr 10, 2007
  6. =?Utf-8?B?bG9hZGVyb3Bw?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Vista will allow him to extend the C drive in disk management. Also you
    need a primary partition for your primary boot files so the whole drive is
    unlikely to be an extended partition.

    John Barnes, Apr 10, 2007
  7. You are right John. I missed the Vista part. But I've seen some mighty
    strangely organised restore partitions in my day (including one hidden
    partition that was only accessible from the system CD via a proprietary
    Interrupt - I think that was a Compaq?) I thought it pertinent to stress
    that your own eyes and mind may be more trustworthy than what anybody is
    saying. At least when it comes to deleting partitions. No idea what Gateway
    may have been up to.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Apr 10, 2007
  8. i've only played a little with partitions but i found powermax by maxtor a
    usefull program for formating it cleans the hd bk to original as if it came
    out of the package
    check it out it might hlp u.
    http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/Powermax-Download-2799.html
    hope this hlps

    =?Utf-8?B?ZWxpdGVwa251?=, Apr 10, 2007
  9. Hi guys!
    Thanks for the thoughts i got it (grin) I used Acronis moved my C vista to
    my other 250 gig 8 meg cache, drive formated the drive and then moved them
    back to my 250 gig 16 meg cache drive!

    worked very well. no bobo's or &^%$%^^ where needed (grin)
    Thanks again
    Michael!!

    =?Utf-8?B?bG9hZGVyb3Bw?=, Apr 10, 2007
  10. srry that page dont work this one does:

    =?Utf-8?B?ZWxpdGVwa251?=, Apr 10, 2007
  11. Yes you are correct. used their software lots back in windows 98 days,

    I did not want to clear the drive just remove a back up partition on the
    drive, left over from XP. i had left it alone when i had install vista 64 bit
    just in case i needed to go back to Xp which i had not, All is well i removed
    the little partition, now i have only 3 drives all factory sizes C D E
    instead of 4 one being a little 4.8 gig partition

    =?Utf-8?B?bG9hZGVyb3Bw?=, Apr 10, 2007