    changes the other one too.

    How can I get it the way I want?

    Henry
    Hamish, Jan 16, 2008

  2. Hamish wrote:
    > I have Mozilla mail program 1.7.13.
    >
    > Yesterday I set up two new folders, to hold my old mail from a couple
    > years ago. One folder in intended for stuff I sent. The other for
    > stuff I received. In the display panel for the received folder I
    > attempted to set up a column labeled "sender," but when I did that, and
    > then went to look at the other folder, the column on it had been changed
    > to "sender" also, even tho my preference is to have "recipient"
    > displayed there. Every time I try to fix one of the folders, my action
    > changes the other one too.
    >
    > How can I get it the way I want?
    >
    > Henry

    upgrade to SeaMonkey. It does what you want. Since Mozilla
    Suite died some time ago, some developers, testers, and
    users didn't want the Suite program to die a slow death.
    So, they banded together, took over the Mozilla Suite
    program, and renamed it to SeaMonkey. SM will pick up and
    start using your Moz settings, prefs, mail, bookmarks,
    passwords, etc. You won't notice much of a difference, but
    there are certain things that SM can do that Moz can't, such
    as your problem: http://www.seamonkey-project.org/

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm
    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Jan 16, 2008

  3. Hamish

    Miller Guest

    *Hamish* wrote:
    > I have Mozilla mail program 1.7.13.
    >
    > Yesterday I set up two new folders, to hold my old mail from a couple
    > years ago. One folder in intended for stuff I sent. The other for
    > stuff I received. In the display panel for the received folder I
    > attempted to set up a column labeled "sender," but when I did that, and
    > then went to look at the other folder, the column on it had been changed
    > to "sender" also, even tho my preference is to have "recipient"
    > displayed there. Every time I try to fix one of the folders, my action
    > changes the other one too.
    >
    > How can I get it the way I want?

    mnenhy may help you: http://mnenhy.mozdev.org/
    esp. http://mnenhy.mozdev.org/folderstore.html

    HTH, M
    Miller, Jan 16, 2008
  4. Miller wrote:
    > *Hamish* wrote:
    >> I have Mozilla mail program 1.7.13.
    >>
    >> Yesterday I set up two new folders, to hold my old mail from a couple
    >> years ago. One folder in intended for stuff I sent. The other for
    >> stuff I received. In the display panel for the received folder I
    >> attempted to set up a column labeled "sender," but when I did that, and
    >> then went to look at the other folder, the column on it had been changed
    >> to "sender" also, even tho my preference is to have "recipient"
    >> displayed there. Every time I try to fix one of the folders, my action
    >> changes the other one too.
    >>
    >> How can I get it the way I want?

    > mnenhy may help you: http://mnenhy.mozdev.org/
    > esp. http://mnenhy.mozdev.org/folderstore.html
    >
    > HTH, M

    the current versions of mnenhy may not be able to install in
    an old program such as Mozilla Suite.

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm
    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Jan 16, 2008