    Im looking for one thats simple to use, That can put together shopping
    lists based on chosen recipies... Can find recipies based on ingredients
    entered etc..

    Andrew Lambert, May 24, 2006

  2. Andrew Lambert

    Rebel Guest

    Andrew Lambert wrote:

    > Does anyone have any experience/suggestions on the various recipie
    > software suites that are avaialble?
    >
    > Im looking for one thats simple to use, That can put together shopping
    > lists based on chosen recipies... Can find recipies based on ingredients
    > entered etc..

    I'll assume you mean recipe and proceed on that basis :)

    Looks to be what you are looking for.

    cooking book for KDE
    Krecipes is a program that lets you to manage your recipes, create shopping
    lists, choose a recipe based on available ingredients and plan your
    menu/diet
    in advance.

    It uses an embedded SQLite3 database or, if you prefer, MySQL or PostreSQL
    to store your favorites recipes.

    This application is specially designed for the KDE desktop environment.

    Homepage: http://krecipes.sourceforge.net.

    Rebel, May 24, 2006

  3. Andrew Lambert

    -=rjh=- Guest

    Andrew Lambert wrote:
    > Does anyone have any experience/suggestions on the various recipie
    > software suites that are avaialble?
    >
    > Im looking for one thats simple to use, That can put together shopping
    > lists based on chosen recipies... Can find recipies based on ingredients
    > entered etc..

    Why use a standalone application for this?

    Recipes would probably be ideally suited for an online, social
    application with personal recipe databases, search and sharing,
    comments, tips etc. I'd expect there to be dozens of interactive recipe
    websites.

    http://www.epicurious.com

    -=rjh=-, May 24, 2006
  4. Andrew Lambert

    Dave Taylor Guest

    Andrew Lambert <> wrote in news:e50j4e$ltp$:

    > Does anyone have any experience/suggestions on the various recipie
    > software suites that are avaialble?
    >
    > Im looking for one thats simple to use, That can put together shopping
    > lists based on chosen recipies... Can find recipies based on ingredients
    > entered etc..

    My wife uses this all the time;
    http://allrecipes.com
    http://search.allrecipes.com/Recipe/Ingredient.aspx?lnkid=726

    --
    Ciao, Dave

    Dave Taylor, May 24, 2006
  5. Andrew Lambert

    Pseudo Guest

    Andrew Lambert wrote:

    > Does anyone have any experience/suggestions on the various recipie
    > software suites that are avaialble?
    >
    > Im looking for one thats simple to use, That can put together shopping
    > lists based on chosen recipies... Can find recipies based on ingredients
    > entered etc..

    Warehouse Stationery usually has at least one cookbook/recipe program in
    their $10 software rack.

    I used to use a freeware program called Recipe Box, but I'm not sure if it's
    still available.

    Linux User # 417291

    Remove trousers to reply

    Pseudo, May 24, 2006