    Richard Erde Guest

    If I use a CRV3 battery instead of two AA NIMH rechargeable batteries it
    lasts more than four times as long. Anyone know why?

    Richard Erde, Nov 4, 2003

  2. Richard Erde

    Robertwgross Guest

    Richard wrote:
    >If I use a CRV3 battery instead of two AA NIMH rechargeable batteries it
    >lasts more than four times as long. Anyone know why?

    It seems like we just covered this same ground with you the other day. CRV3 is
    a primary lithium battery. Two AA NiMH rechargeable batteries have a totally
    different chemistry. There is a totally different amount of energy density. To
    put it another way, you are comparing apples and oranges.

    ---Bob Gross---

    Robertwgross, Nov 4, 2003

  3. Richard Erde

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Richard Erde wrote:

    > If I use a CRV3 battery instead of two AA NIMH rechargeable batteries it
    > lasts more than four times as long. Anyone know why?

    The chemistry of the CRV3 battery is much different. The energy density
    is higher, and the battery is lighter (if that matters). The
    disadvantage is that the CRV3 isn't rechargeable, and costs several
    times as much as two NIMH rechargeable. However, if you use your camera
    intermittently and store it for months unused, the CRV3 is a good
    choice. I estimate the cost/picture on my camera to be about $.03. Not
    prohibitive for occasional use.

    Ron Hunter, Nov 4, 2003
  4. Richard Erde

    Richard Erde Guest

    Thanks. I had to post again because I didn't see my original post via
    Outlook Express.

    Richard Erde, Nov 4, 2003