    function with alkalines.

    Anyone have success with rechargeable AA batteries with this battery
    pack.
    john chapman, Aug 19, 2004

  2. john chapman wrote:
    > Just got my new MB-D100 and was disappointed to find out that my D100
    > will not function with freshly recharged AA batteries. It will
    > function with alkalines.
    >
    > Anyone have success with rechargeable AA batteries with this battery
    > pack.

    You need "proper" rechargeables - NiMH - not toy batteries.

    David
    David J Taylor, Aug 19, 2004

  3. john chapman

    Ed Ruf Guest

    On 19 Aug 2004 04:50:14 -0700, in rec.photo.digital
    (john chapman) wrote:

    >Just got my new MB-D100 and was disappointed to find out that my D100
    >will not function with freshly recharged AA batteries. It will
    >function with alkalines.
    >
    >Anyone have success with rechargeable AA batteries with this battery
    >pack.

    I'll hazard a guess this is similar to the problem some have
    experienced with the MB-E5700 for the CP-5700/8700. High capacity NiMH
    batteries do not necessarily conform to the standard AA dimensions. As
    such they may not make contact at the positive terminal. I eventually
    got Nikon to replace it under warranty. If you care for the long
    version of the story, see:
    http://edwardgruf.com/Digital_Photography/CP_5700/Nits/Cp5700_nits.html
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    See images taken with my CP-990 and 5700 at
    http://EdwardGRuf.com
    Ed Ruf, Aug 19, 2004