    links ?

    Regards
    Rupak

    Vijay Singh, May 25, 2004

  2. Vijay Singh

    Brian Guest

    "Vijay Singh" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    news:iDIsc.24096$...
    > Does anyody knows where Windows media player keeps the recently visited
    > links ?
    >
    > Regards
    > Rupak

    the only thing that i know. is that when you click on file>>open url a
    window appears with a drop down box.. in there u should find a list of
    recently visited sites

    Brian, May 25, 2004

  3. Vijay Singh

    Vijay Singh Guest

    "Brian" <> wrote in message

    > "Vijay Singh" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > > Does anyody knows where Windows media player keeps the recently visited
    > > links ?
    > >
    > > Regards
    > > Rupak
    > >

    > the only thing that i know. is that when you click on file>>open url a
    > window appears with a drop down box.. in there u should find a list of
    > recently visited sites

    I know that, but were it is in the file system?

    Vijay Singh, May 25, 2004
  4. Vijay Singh

    > "Brian" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Vijay Singh" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > > > Does anyody knows where Windows media player keeps the recently

    visited
    > > > links ?
    > > >
    > > > Regards
    > > > Rupak
    > > >

    > > the only thing that i know. is that when you click on file>>open url a
    > > window appears with a drop down box.. in there u should find a list of
    > > recently visited sites
    > > >

    > I know that, but were it is in the file system?

    i am taking a guess here but i bet that they are also in the temp file where
    the internet links also lie system C: or whatever>>local settings>>temporary
    internet files

    Brian

    Brian, May 25, 2004
  5. Vijay Singh

    > "Brian" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Vijay Singh" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > > > Does anyody knows where Windows media player keeps the recently

    visited
    > > > links ?
    > > >
    > > > Regards
    > > > Rupak
    > > >

    > > the only thing that i know. is that when you click on file>>open url a
    > > window appears with a drop down box.. in there u should find a list of
    > > recently visited sites
    > > >

    > I know that, but were it is in the file system?

    just had a look... sure are buddy

    Brian

    Brian, May 25, 2004
  6. Vijay Singh

    °Mike° Guest

    How to Delete the Recent Play List from
    Windows Media Player
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=243621

    If you want to disable recent files/links, save
    the following as a .reg file and merge it into
    your registry. Note that everything between [
    and ] MUST be one line only, and there must
    be a blank line at the end of the file.

    ***** <--- Omit this line
    REGEDIT4

    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Preferences]
    "UsageTracking"=dword:00000000
    "DisableMRU"=dword:00000001
    "AddToMRU"=hex:00,00,00,00

    ***** <--- Omit this line

    You may need to reboot for the change to take affect.

    On Tue, 25 May 2004 15:24:47 +0100, in
    <iDIsc.24096$>
    Vijay Singh scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, May 25, 2004
  7. Vijay Singh

    inca Guest

    "Brian" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > "Vijay Singh" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > > Does anyody knows where Windows media player keeps the recently visited
    > > links ?
    > >
    > > Regards
    > > Rupak
    > >

    > the only thing that i know. is that when you click on file>>open url a
    > window appears with a drop down box.. in there u should find a list of
    > recently visited sites

    It stores it in the registry. Look for the key name RecentURLList in the
    windows registry.

    Mano.

    inca, May 25, 2004
  8. Vijay Singh

    Juan Pérez Guest

    Cool, °Mike°....is this good for my version 7.00.?

    Juan Pérez, May 26, 2004
  9. Vijay Singh

    °Mike° Guest

    AFAIK, it's for WMP 8 and above, unfortunately. :(

    On Wed, 26 May 2004 04:52:46 GMT, in
    <yoVsc.26371$>
    Juan Pérez scrawled:

    >Cool, °Mike°....is this good for my version 7.00.?

    <snip>

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, May 26, 2004