    default.

    TIA Jim
    , Nov 14, 2008

  2. Re: "Recent tags" & "Recently Bookmarked" entries in Bookmark - Won'topen

    wrote:
    > With the advent of 3.0, Firefox Bookmarks (mine anyway) now have 2
    > entries at the top titled Recently Bookmarked and Receny Tags, Yet if
    > I click on them I get the error message "Firefox doesn't know how to
    > open this address because the protocol (place) isn't associated with
    > any program". Is there something that needs to be set in the config
    > to enable these to work properly? I would expect that would be the
    > default.
    >
    > TIA Jim

    thats a first I've heard of that. It sounds like its
    trying to open the bookmark in a program. What happens
    when you start in FF safe mode?

    help!!!!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm
    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Nov 14, 2008

  3. Guest

    On Fri, 14 Nov 2008 13:08:15 -0800, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
    <> wrote:

    > wrote:
    >> With the advent of 3.0, Firefox Bookmarks (mine anyway) now have 2
    >> entries at the top titled Recently Bookmarked and Receny Tags, Yet if
    >> I click on them I get the error message "Firefox doesn't know how to
    >> open this address because the protocol (place) isn't associated with
    >> any program". Is there something that needs to be set in the config
    >> to enable these to work properly? I would expect that would be the
    >> default.
    >>
    >> TIA Jim

    >thats a first I've heard of that. It sounds like its
    >trying to open the bookmark in a program. What happens
    >when you start in FF safe mode?

    Same issue in safe mode. Here's what it's trying to open...

    link for Recently bookmarked:
    place:folder=BOOKMARKS_MENU&folder=UNFILED_BOOKMARKS&folder=TOOLBAR&sort=12&excludeQueries=1&excludeItemIfParentHasAnnotation=livemark%2FfeedURI&maxResults=10&queryType=1

    link for Recent Tags:
    place:sort=14&type=6&maxResults=10
    , Nov 15, 2008