    and if so, what is a good one to get?

    Many thanks!

    Moo
    Moo, May 1, 2004

  2. Moo

    Justin Guest

    Moo wrote on [Sat, 1 May 2004 21:39:12 +0100]:
    > Hello!
    >
    > Recently I have noticed that my DVD player is having a bit of trouble
    > playing DVD's

    Playing DVD's what?
    Justin, May 1, 2004

  3. Moo

    Moo Guest

    "Justin" <> wrote in message
    > Moo wrote on [Sat, 1 May 2004 21:39:12 +0100]:
    > > Hello!
    > >
    > > Recently I have noticed that my DVD player is having a bit of trouble
    > > playing DVD's

    > Playing DVD's what?

    eh? if you mean what type, movies. If you mean something else... er what
    what?
    Moo, May 2, 2004
  4. In article <c7203m$ab4$>,
    "Moo" <> wrote:

    > "Justin" <> wrote in message
    > > Moo wrote on [Sat, 1 May 2004 21:39:12 +0100]:
    > > > Hello!
    > > >
    > > > Recently I have noticed that my DVD player is having a bit of trouble
    > > > playing DVD's

    > > Playing DVD's what?
    > >

    > eh? if you mean what type, movies. If you mean something else... er what
    > what?

    Justin is nit-picking your punctuation. DVD's is the possessive form,
    meaning something owned by or characteristic of a DVD. Thus his
    question, "what?". DVDs is the plural form, meaning more than one DVD.
    You probably meant the later. I personally think the world has bigger
    problems than this to worry about.
    Paul Jepperson, May 2, 2004
  5. Moo

    Moo Guest

    "Paul Jepperson" <> wrote in message
    > In article <c7203m$ab4$>,
    > "Moo" <> wrote:
    >
    > > "Justin" <> wrote in message

    trouble

    > > > Playing DVD's what?
    > > >

    > > eh? if you mean what type, movies. If you mean something else... er what
    > > what?
    > >

    > Justin is nit-picking your punctuation. DVD's is the possessive form,
    > meaning something owned by or characteristic of a DVD. Thus his
    > question, "what?". DVDs is the plural form, meaning more than one DVD.
    > You probably meant the later. I personally think the world has bigger
    > problems than this to worry about.

    Er. sorry. Do you have any help for my problem (the DVD problem that is, not
    my English)..
    Moo, May 2, 2004
  6. Moo

    Biz Guest

    "Moo" <> wrote in message
    | Hello!
    |
    | Recently I have noticed that my DVD player is having a bit of trouble
    | playing DVD's, the movie usually plays ok, sometime with a few skips here
    | and there but I have mega trouble with some menu's.
    |
    | The DVD's I have trouble with are clean and unscratched, sometimes new and
    | it is just like the DVD is playing the menu and it skips sometimes meaning
    | cannot select an option before the menu starts to play again.
    |
    | The player is a Phillips 723, I have had no trouble with it previously.
    |
    | Could it simply need cleaning? If so would a DVD cleaning disc do the
    trick
    | and if so, what is a good one to get?
    |
    | Many thanks!
    |
    | Moo

    Chances are teh optics are beginning to fail. How old is the player, and
    have you used it alot, or not much? Unless you live in a desert with the
    windows open 24/7, or a smoky bar(i.e. very dirty or dusty environment),
    cleaning is not usually an issue and many times can render a slightly faulty
    machine to totally inoperable. Make sure all your discs are free of
    fingerprints, scratches, and smudges. Cleaning the optics should be
    performed just like cleaning of a camera lense, not some abrasive cleaning
    disc spinning around ruining things.
    Biz, May 2, 2004
  7. Moo

    Moo Guest

    "Biz" <> wrote in message

    > "Moo" <> wrote in message
    > | Hello!
    > |
    > | Recently I have noticed that my DVD player is having a bit of trouble
    > | playing DVD's, the movie usually plays ok, sometime with a few skips

    here
    > | and there but I have mega trouble with some menu's.
    > |
    > | The DVD's I have trouble with are clean and unscratched, sometimes new

    and
    > | it is just like the DVD is playing the menu and it skips sometimes

    meaning
    > | cannot select an option before the menu starts to play again.
    > |
    > | The player is a Phillips 723, I have had no trouble with it previously.
    > |
    > | Could it simply need cleaning? If so would a DVD cleaning disc do the
    > trick
    > | and if so, what is a good one to get?
    > |
    > | Many thanks!
    > |
    > | Moo
    > |

    > Chances are teh optics are beginning to fail. How old is the player, and
    > have you used it alot, or not much? Unless you live in a desert with the
    > windows open 24/7, or a smoky bar(i.e. very dirty or dusty environment),
    > cleaning is not usually an issue and many times can render a slightly

    faulty
    > machine to totally inoperable. Make sure all your discs are free of
    > fingerprints, scratches, and smudges. Cleaning the optics should be
    > performed just like cleaning of a camera lense, not some abrasive cleaning
    > disc spinning around ruining things.

    It is a couple of years old but has not been used more than normal, I can't
    afford a new one. Like I say some of the discs are new and whilst I
    appreciate they may have errors some of my older discs that I have not had
    problems with before are also playing up.

    The be honest this all started after I purchased the Who wants to be a
    millionaire DVD, that was the first time I have ever seen the 'Disc Error'
    message..
    Moo, May 3, 2004