    If you'd like to discuss the actual culprit's net-abuse with him, his
    email address is <>, & his provider is
    <>.
    Lionel, Jun 5, 2006

  2. Lionel wrote:

    > The flood is a revenge attack against me by mentally-ill whackjob

    Well, thanks for identifying him and calling him names so that he's
    encouraged to continue to spoof your domain and annoy entire newsgroups
    of uninvolved people.

    --
    www.ericschreiber.com
    Eric Schreiber, Jun 5, 2006

  3. Lionel

    Lionel Guest

    On Mon, 05 Jun 2006 10:26:25 -0500, "Eric Schreiber" <eric at
    ericschreiber dot com> opined:

    >Lionel wrote:
    >
    >> The flood is a revenge attack against me by mentally-ill whackjob

    >Well, thanks for identifying him and calling him names so that he's
    >encouraged to continue to spoof your domain and annoy entire newsgroups
    >of uninvolved people.

    Steve Young's been pulling this sort of crap for going on 4 years now,
    in a wide variety of newsgroups where people have refused to let him
    set rules as to what people are & aren't allowed to say in them.

    Please feel free to suggest an effective method for preventing
    obsessive-compulsive net-kooks from running sporgebots & forging other
    peoples' domains via anonymising proxy servers. If you come up with
    one that works, you'll be a hero to a lot of people, & I personally
    will buy you lots of your favourite celebratory beverage.
    Lionel, Jun 5, 2006
  4. Lionel

    Helen Guest

    "Lionel" <> wrote in message
    >I am the owner of the imagenoir.com domain. The sporgeries are
    > completely unrelated to my networks, or any of my domains, & the
    > references to my domain are faked.
    >
    > The flood is a revenge attack against me by mentally-ill whackjob
    > Steve R. Young (AKA Bowtie, Rasta Khan, etc) for tipping people off in
    > various newsgroups to his other forgeries & numerous other forms of
    > net-abuse.

    Well that's sure to scare him off.
    Thanks a lot, whoever the bloody hell you really are, I'm in no doubt that
    all the floods of crap will stop now.
    Helen, Jun 5, 2006
  5. Lionel wrote:

    > Please feel free to suggest an effective method for preventing
    > obsessive-compulsive net-kooks from running sporgebots & forging other
    > peoples' domains via anonymising proxy servers. If you come up with
    > one that works, you'll be a hero to a lot of people

    There's one sure-fire way to get rid of them. It's called "ignore
    them". They crave attention, and if they're not getting it will
    eventually go somewhere else.

    Unfortunately, few regular Usenet posters are capable of ignoring all
    the next kooks, and inevitably someone continues to feed them. I've
    been guilty of it myself on occasion - pointing out the flaws in
    whats-her-names arguments in the Sandisk thread likely qualifies.

    --
    www.ericschreiber.com
    Eric Schreiber, Jun 5, 2006
  6. Lionel

    Lionel Guest

    On Mon, 05 Jun 2006 16:15:55 -0500, "Eric Schreiber" <eric at
    ericschreiber dot com> opined:

    >Lionel wrote:
    >
    >> Please feel free to suggest an effective method for preventing
    >> obsessive-compulsive net-kooks from running sporgebots & forging other
    >> peoples' domains via anonymising proxy servers. If you come up with
    >> one that works, you'll be a hero to a lot of people

    >There's one sure-fire way to get rid of them. It's called "ignore
    >them".

    Yeah, & that worked so incredibly well for the poor woman that
    Bowtie's been following all over Usenet, despite her unsubscribing
    from the group he first targetted her in, changing her email address,
    etc. It didn't work very well for the people he harrassed in RL
    either.

    > They crave attention, and if they're not getting it will
    >eventually go somewhere else.
    >
    >Unfortunately, few regular Usenet posters are capable of ignoring all
    >the next kooks, and inevitably someone continues to feed them.

    That's what all the news.groups reg's said when he first appeared in
    there about two years ago - he's still there. Oh, & the sporgery flood
    that you're bitching about is his third or forth temper tantrum this
    month.

    Like I said: Come up with a method that actually works & you'll be a
    hero. In the meantime, I'm not interested in hearing the same smug
    platitudes from people who haven't actually had to deal with any real
    stalkers.
    Lionel, Jun 5, 2006
  7. Lionel

    Lionel Guest

    On Mon, 5 Jun 2006 20:18:44 +0100, "Helen" <>
    opined:

    >"Lionel" <> wrote in message
    >>I am the owner of the imagenoir.com domain. The sporgeries are
    >> completely unrelated to my networks, or any of my domains, & the
    >> references to my domain are faked.
    >>
    >> The flood is a revenge attack against me by mentally-ill whackjob
    >> Steve R. Young (AKA Bowtie, Rasta Khan, etc) for tipping people off in
    >> various newsgroups to his other forgeries & numerous other forms of
    >> net-abuse.

    >Well that's sure to scare him off.
    >Thanks a lot, whoever the bloody hell you really are, I'm in no doubt that
    >all the floods of crap will stop now.

    Go whine to all the geniuses who've been emailing complaints to the
    addresses he forged into the headers of his sporgeries.

    Alternatively, you're very welcome to take on the job of responding
    individually to their emails with an explanation of why they're
    complaining to the wrong person. It might take you a while...
    Lionel, Jun 6, 2006
  8. Lionel wrote:

    > That's what all the news.groups reg's said when he first appeared in
    > there about two years ago - he's still there.

    Yes, and he's still there for precisely the reason I outlined. He's
    still getting what he craves - attention.

    > I'm not interested in hearing the same smug platitudes from
    >people who haven't actually had to deal with any real stalkers.

    Sorry to disappoint, but I have dealt with such.

    --
    www.ericschreiber.com
    Eric Schreiber, Jun 6, 2006
  9. Lionel

    Lionel Guest

    On Mon, 05 Jun 2006 18:32:50 -0500, "Eric Schreiber" <eric at
    ericschreiber dot com> opined:

    >Lionel wrote:
    >
    >> That's what all the news.groups reg's said when he first appeared in
    >> there about two years ago - he's still there.

    >Yes, and he's still there for precisely the reason I outlined. He's
    >still getting what he craves - attention.
    >
    >> I'm not interested in hearing the same smug platitudes from
    >>people who haven't actually had to deal with any real stalkers.

    >Sorry to disappoint, but I have dealt with such.

    Sure you have.

    Bye!
    Lionel, Jun 6, 2006
  10. Lionel wrote:

    >> Sorry to disappoint, but I have dealt with such.

    > Sure you have.

    I do believe you're chenneling Rita.

    --
    www.ericschreiber.com
    Eric Schreiber, Jun 6, 2006
  11. In article <>,
    (Lionel) says...
    > Please feel free to suggest an effective method for preventing
    > obsessive-compulsive net-kooks from running sporgebots & forging other
    > peoples' domains via anonymising proxy servers. If you come up with
    > one that works, you'll be a hero to a lot of people, & I personally
    > will buy you lots of your favourite celebratory beverage.

    Bounty hunters. I have always thought that the hackers and crackers
    could perform a useful social service if they would only target the
    nuisances on the net. Anything from a DOS attack to sneaking a custom
    Trojan under his radar would serve the purpose.

    If he's really annoying you, pay someone to take him out. Newgroup
    alt.wanted.posters as a place to post reward posters, and
    alt.hacker.of.fortune to discuss techniques. Certainly it would be
    illegal in some jurisdictions, but that doesn't stop the typical bounty
    hunter or soldier of fortune. There are some really smart people in
    India and China who would be glad to start a home business like that.
    Larry Caldwell, Jun 6, 2006
  12. Lionel

    Ray Fischer Guest

    Lionel <> wrote:
    > "Eric Schreiber" <eric at ericschreiber dot com> opined:
    >
    >>Lionel wrote:
    >>
    >>> The flood is a revenge attack against me by mentally-ill whackjob

    >>Well, thanks for identifying him and calling him names so that he's
    >>encouraged to continue to spoof your domain and annoy entire newsgroups
    >>of uninvolved people.

    >Steve Young's been pulling this sort of crap for going on 4 years now,
    >in a wide variety of newsgroups where people have refused to let him
    >set rules as to what people are & aren't allowed to say in them.
    >
    >Please feel free to suggest an effective method for preventing
    >obsessive-compulsive net-kooks from running sporgebots & forging other
    >peoples' domains via anonymising proxy servers. If you come up with
    >one that works, you'll be a hero to a lot of people, & I personally
    >will buy you lots of your favourite celebratory beverage.

    Contact his ISP. Tell them that they're spewing garbage and that if
    they don't clean up their act then they run the risk of not having ANY
    articles from them accepted by other ISPs.

    --
    Ray Fischer
    Ray Fischer, Jun 6, 2006
  13. Lionel

    Lionel Guest

    On 06 Jun 2006 05:58:59 GMT, (Ray Fischer) opined:

    >Lionel <> wrote:

    >>>Well, thanks for identifying him and calling him names so that he's
    >>>encouraged to continue to spoof your domain and annoy entire newsgroups
    >>>of uninvolved people.

    >>Steve Young's been pulling this sort of crap for going on 4 years now,
    >>in a wide variety of newsgroups where people have refused to let him
    >>set rules as to what people are & aren't allowed to say in them.
    >>
    >>Please feel free to suggest an effective method for preventing
    >>obsessive-compulsive net-kooks from running sporgebots & forging other
    >>peoples' domains via anonymising proxy servers. If you come up with
    >>one that works, you'll be a hero to a lot of people, & I personally
    >>will buy you lots of your favourite celebratory beverage.

    >Contact his ISP. Tell them that they're spewing garbage

    They aren't - at least not detectably. He does all this through
    anonymisers (or insecure proxies) to open/insecure news servers.

    > and that if
    >they don't clean up their act then they run the risk of not having ANY
    >articles from them accepted by other ISPs.

    Each news server so far has, on average, been secured or shut down
    within a day. There's always some new moron starting up a news server
    or screwing up the perms on their current one.
    Lionel, Jun 6, 2006
  14. Lionel

    Lionel Guest

    On Mon, 5 Jun 2006 21:46:41 -0700, Larry Caldwell
    <> opined:

    >In article <>,
    > (Lionel) says...
    >> Please feel free to suggest an effective method for preventing
    >> obsessive-compulsive net-kooks from running sporgebots & forging other
    >> peoples' domains via anonymising proxy servers. If you come up with
    >> one that works, you'll be a hero to a lot of people, & I personally
    >> will buy you lots of your favourite celebratory beverage.

    >Bounty hunters. I have always thought that the hackers and crackers
    >could perform a useful social service if they would only target the
    >nuisances on the net. Anything from a DOS attack to sneaking a custom
    >Trojan under his radar would serve the purpose.
    >
    >If he's really annoying you, pay someone to take him out. Newgroup
    >alt.wanted.posters as a place to post reward posters, and
    >alt.hacker.of.fortune to discuss techniques. Certainly it would be
    >illegal in some jurisdictions, but that doesn't stop the typical bounty
    >hunter or soldier of fortune. There are some really smart people in
    >India and China who would be glad to start a home business like that.

    I like it. The upside is that, sooner or later, it'd be effective, &
    I'm sure it'd result a general "chilling effect" on similar behaviour.
    The downsides would be the cost, & the potential for some seriously
    unpleasant legal consequences. Still, there's always the possibility
    that one of the thousands of people the Bowtard has forged, spammed or
    Joe-jobbed will be rich &/or pissed off enough to run with your
    suggestion, & the longer he continues his demented quest, the more
    likely one is to appear. So if I see a news report on the death or
    mutilation of Steve R. Young of Akron Ohio, bright.net customer, I
    think it'd be only fair for me to at least send you a bottle of really
    good Scotch or similar in return for planting the idea in Usenets
    collective-unconscious.

    Lionel, Jun 6, 2006
  15. Lionel

    Aratzio Guest

    On 06 Jun 2006 05:58:59 GMT, (Ray Fischer)
    transparently proposed:

    >Lionel <> wrote:

    >>>Well, thanks for identifying him and calling him names so that he's
    >>>encouraged to continue to spoof your domain and annoy entire newsgroups
    >>>of uninvolved people.

    >>Steve Young's been pulling this sort of crap for going on 4 years now,
    >>in a wide variety of newsgroups where people have refused to let him
    >>set rules as to what people are & aren't allowed to say in them.
    >>
    >>Please feel free to suggest an effective method for preventing
    >>obsessive-compulsive net-kooks from running sporgebots & forging other
    >>peoples' domains via anonymising proxy servers. If you come up with
    >>one that works, you'll be a hero to a lot of people, & I personally
    >>will buy you lots of your favourite celebratory beverage.

    >Contact his ISP. Tell them that they're spewing garbage and that if
    >they don't clean up their act then they run the risk of not having ANY
    >articles from them accepted by other ISPs.

    *BOGGLE*

    Was there something unclear here:
    "via anonymising proxy servers"

    That made you follow with the ever helpful:
    "Contact his ISP."

    And what will be the response of the ISP when no one can prove the
    source was the ISP network?

    Hint: Point and laugh would be the first component of the response.

    --

    VjikQueen defining irony:

    "But, of course, you are a dense thinkheaded fucking moron."

    AHM Wanker Stomping Award - 2005

    Pierre Salinger Hook, Line & Sinker - May, 2005
    Pierre Salinger Hook, Line & Sinker - Jan, 2006

    Hammer of Thor - July, 2005

    David Formosa (aka ? the Platypus) on 10-22-2005

    "But it is not isolated AUK has a massive impact the rest of usenet."

    Please ask your admin to be adding alt.aratzio to your news server
    alt.aratzio Usenet asshole Aratzio

    viking of soc.men in a killer demonstration of irony:
    "We all know you are fucking stuipd, though."

    VjikQueen teh Impotent Trollbuster on battling Trolls:

    Fighting trolls here, or letting them fill this space with crap,
    always brings us back to square one in our discussions. New posters
    are continually turned off by the environment here--if we get soc.men
    cleaned up, we could have a serious, international, rounded forum for
    the discussion of men's issues. I know that some regular posters don't
    agree with me on this, but I believe the only way to un-cripple
    soc.men is to take a stand and to let the trolls know that what they
    do won't stand. I'm open to comments, of course.
    Aratzio, Jun 6, 2006
  16. Lionel

    Aratzio Guest

    On Tue, 06 Jun 2006 16:31:19 +1000, Lionel <>
    transparently proposed:

    >On 06 Jun 2006 05:58:59 GMT, (Ray Fischer) opined:
    >
    >>Lionel <> wrote:
    >>> "Eric Schreiber" <eric at ericschreiber dot com> opined:

    >>>Steve Young's been pulling this sort of crap for going on 4 years now,
    >>>in a wide variety of newsgroups where people have refused to let him
    >>>set rules as to what people are & aren't allowed to say in them.
    >>>
    >>>Please feel free to suggest an effective method for preventing
    >>>obsessive-compulsive net-kooks from running sporgebots & forging other
    >>>peoples' domains via anonymising proxy servers. If you come up with
    >>>one that works, you'll be a hero to a lot of people, & I personally
    >>>will buy you lots of your favourite celebratory beverage.

    >>Contact his ISP. Tell them that they're spewing garbage

    >They aren't - at least not detectably. He does all this through
    >anonymisers (or insecure proxies) to open/insecure news servers.

    You already said that and he just ignored it.

    >> and that if
    >>they don't clean up their act then they run the risk of not having ANY
    >>articles from them accepted by other ISPs.

    >Each news server so far has, on average, been secured or shut down
    >within a day. There's always some new moron starting up a news server
    >or screwing up the perms on their current one.

    *GASP*
    No, misconfigured proxies and newsservers!

    Aratzio, Jun 6, 2006
  17. Lionel

    Steve Young Guest

    "Aratzio" <> wrote

    > On 06 Jun 2006 05:58:59 GMT, (Ray Fischer)
    > transparently proposed:

    >>Contact his ISP. Tell them that they're spewing garbage and that if
    >>they don't clean up their act then they run the risk of not having ANY
    >>articles from them accepted by other ISPs.

    > *BOGGLE*
    >
    > Was there something unclear here:
    > "via anonymising proxy servers"
    >
    > That made you follow with the ever helpful:
    > "Contact his ISP."
    >
    > And what will be the response of the ISP when no one can prove the
    > source was the ISP network?
    >
    > Hint: Point and laugh would be the first component of the response.

    And especially when they confirm my traffic is fewer than a dozen posts a
    week. They'll know for sure the caller is a nut job.
    Bwahahahaha!

    :)x

    --
    Usenet has a seat for everyone,
    including these jokers http://www.petitmorte.net.tc/
    Steve Young, Jun 8, 2006
  18. Lionel

    Steve Young Guest

    "Lionel" <> wrote

    > I like it. The upside is that, sooner or later, it'd be effective, &
    > I'm sure it'd result a general "chilling effect" on similar behaviour.
    > The downsides would be the cost, & the potential for some seriously
    > unpleasant legal consequences. Still, there's always the possibility
    > that one of the thousands of people the Bowtard has forged, spammed or
    > Joe-jobbed will be rich &/or pissed off enough to run with your
    > suggestion, & the longer he continues his demented quest, the more
    > likely one is to appear. So if I see a news report on the death or
    > mutilation of Steve R. Young of Akron Ohio, bright.net customer, I
    > think it'd be only fair for me to at least send you a bottle of really
    > good Scotch or similar in return for planting the idea in Usenets
    > collective-unconscious.

    Ya know LIEnel, without even a shard of proof, you shouldn't be talking this
    way.

    :)x

    Steve Young, Jun 8, 2006
  19. Re: Recent flood of sporgeries containing headers pointing to theimagenoir.com domain

    Eric Schreiber wrote:

    > Lionel wrote:
    >
    > > That's what all the news.groups reg's said when he first appeared in
    > > there about two years ago - he's still there.

    > Yes, and he's still there for precisely the reason I outlined. He's
    > still getting what he craves - attention.

    Lionel has never been able to ignore him, that's why the "standard
    approach" has never worked.

    --
    http://www.bedoper.com/snuh

    * GEORGE BUSH WIPES HIS ASS WITH THE ____________ *
    * CONSTITUTION AGAIN! / / \ *
    * __ __ __ _ | WE | ( ) | *
    * | | / \ | | | | | THE |\__ / *
    * | |__ | () | | |__ |_| |PEOPLE | *
    * |_____| \__/ |_____| (_) |________| *
    * *
    * BTW, George Bush's head looks like a chimp. *
    * *
    * .-"-. _________________________________ *
    * _/.-.-.\_ / \ *
    * ( o o ) | Executive Privilege r0><3r$!!! | *
    * |/ " \| _-_ \_ _____________________________/ *
    * \ .0 ./ | / | / *
    * \ / / / |/ *
    * /`"""`--/ / / *
    * / / *
    * / ' ./ *
    * | \_____/ *
    * *
    WTF is Fred Ziffel?

    -------
    / \
    / \ /-----\
    | (@) | | SnuH |
    | (O) | \_ ___/
    | / | ||
    | \ /_ / //
    \ \____/ / /
    \ /
    \_____,
    =?iso-8859-1?Q?=B1?=, Jun 9, 2006
  20. Re: Recent flood of sporgeries containing headers pointing to theimagenoir.com domain

    Lionel wrote:

    > On Mon, 5 Jun 2006 21:46:41 -0700, Larry Caldwell
    > <> opined:
    >
    > >In article <>,
    > > (Lionel) says...
    > >> Please feel free to suggest an effective method for preventing
    > >> obsessive-compulsive net-kooks from running sporgebots & forging other
    > >> peoples' domains via anonymising proxy servers. If you come up with
    > >> one that works, you'll be a hero to a lot of people, & I personally
    > >> will buy you lots of your favourite celebratory beverage.

    > >Bounty hunters. I have always thought that the hackers and crackers
    > >could perform a useful social service if they would only target the
    > >nuisances on the net. Anything from a DOS attack to sneaking a custom
    > >Trojan under his radar would serve the purpose.
    > >
    > >If he's really annoying you, pay someone to take him out. Newgroup
    > >alt.wanted.posters as a place to post reward posters, and
    > >alt.hacker.of.fortune to discuss techniques. Certainly it would be
    > >illegal in some jurisdictions, but that doesn't stop the typical bounty
    > >hunter or soldier of fortune. There are some really smart people in
    > >India and China who would be glad to start a home business like that.

    > I like it. The upside is that, sooner or later, it'd be effective, &
    > I'm sure it'd result a general "chilling effect" on similar behaviour.
    > The downsides would be the cost, & the potential for some seriously
    > unpleasant legal consequences. Still, there's always the possibility
    > that one of the thousands of people the Bowtard has forged, spammed or
    > Joe-jobbed will be rich &/or pissed off enough to run with your
    > suggestion, & the longer he continues his demented quest, the more
    > likely one is to appear. So if I see a news report on the death or
    > mutilation of Steve R. Young of Akron Ohio, bright.net customer, I
    > think it'd be only fair for me to at least send you a bottle of really
    > good Scotch or similar in return for planting the idea in Usenets
    > collective-unconscious.

    You really need to take a break from UseNet.

    http://www.bedoper.com/snuh

    * GEORGE BUSH WIPES HIS ASS WITH THE ____________ *
    * CONSTITUTION AGAIN! / / \ *
    * __ __ __ _ | WE | ( ) | *
    * | | / \ | | | | | THE |\__ / *
    * | |__ | () | | |__ |_| |PEOPLE | *
    * |_____| \__/ |_____| (_) |________| *
    * *
    * BTW, George Bush's head looks like a chimp. *
    * *
    * .-"-. _________________________________ *
    * _/.-.-.\_ / \ *
    * ( o o ) | Executive Privilege r0><3r$!!! | *
    * |/ " \| _-_ \_ _____________________________/ *
    * \ .0 ./ | / | / *
    * \ / / / |/ *
    * /`"""`--/ / / *