RECEIVING

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Thomas C. Mercier, Aug 21, 2003.

  1. I CAN SEND E-MAIL ON MY OUTLOOK EXPRESS, BUT I CANNOT RECEIVE ANY. WHAT CAN
    I DO TO FIX IT?

    Thomas C. Mercier, Aug 21, 2003

  2. Thomas C. Mercier

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Thomas C. Mercier continued:

    > I CAN SEND E-MAIL ON MY OUTLOOK EXPRESS, BUT I CANNOT RECEIVE ANY.
    > WHAT CAN I DO TO FIX IT?

    Get your settings right.
    Go to your ISP's website.
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Aug 21, 2003

  3. Thomas C. Mercier

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as KillingJoke continued:

    > "Thomas C. Mercier" <tcmerc@ cableone.net> wrote in message
    >> I CAN SEND E-MAIL ON MY OUTLOOK EXPRESS, BUT I CANNOT RECEIVE ANY.
    >> WHAT CAN I DO TO FIX IT?
    >>

    > Nobody is sending you mail, because you SHOUT all the time.
    >
    > Kj

    Are you receiving ?
    hehehe
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Aug 21, 2003
  4. Thomas C. Mercier

    Raine Guest

    Forgive me for sticking my oar in but .... Mike ..
    has it ever occurred to you that people that use Caps when posting might just have a valid reason for doing so? And that is they may have problems reading in lower case!
    Raine.

    "°Mike°" <> wrote in message news:3f5d1b61.4954155@localhost...
    Check your POP3 settings, and TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK!

    On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 12:23:49 -0500, in
    <>
    Thomas C. Mercier scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    Raine, Aug 22, 2003
  5. Thomas C. Mercier

    °Mike° Guest

    There is no valid reason for posting in all capitals. If a person
    has vision problems, there are available the built-in accessibility
    options - high contrast, larger fonts, magnifier, etc., plus text
    to speech software. All of those options, and more, make
    reading much better than all capitals, which is actually HARDER
    to read.

    On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 12:55:43 +0100, in
    <%wn1b.3914$>
    Raine scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Aug 22, 2003
  6. Thomas C. Mercier

    Raine Guest

    I apologise Mike, but supposing other people, like me, who are still at the *Novice* stage of learning, don't know about such things? Having said that, I have a friend who emails me in all caps, I have no difficulty in reading the text. She's been a computer user over 4 years.
    But I do understand where you're coming from.
    Raine.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    Raine, Aug 23, 2003
  7. Thomas C. Mercier

    °Mike° Guest

    On Sat, 23 Aug 2003 01:56:26 +0100, in
    <VYy1b.1451$>
    Raine scrawled:

    >I apologise Mike, but supposing other people, like me, who are
    >still at the *Novice* stage of learning, don't know about such
    >things?

    I suspect that anybody who has vision problems would be more
    aware of such features than the average novice.

    >Having said that, I have a friend who emails me in all caps, I
    >have no difficulty in reading the text. She's been a computer
    >user over 4 years.

    She's a novice, then? :)

    >But I do understand where you're coming from.

    Second star on the right, and straight on 'til morning. :)

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Aug 23, 2003
  8. Thomas C. Mercier

    Raine Guest

    On the first point I accept the logic in what you say, I haven't got impaired vision so the settings for such users would never occur to me.

    and ...
    Yep, my friend is still a novice when it comes to understanding/using the computer.

    But, alas, I can't find your star, so maybe I HAVE got impaired vision, after all?

    Raine.

    "°Mike°" <> wrote in message news:...
    On Sat, 23 Aug 2003 01:56:26 +0100, in
    <VYy1b.1451$>
    Raine scrawled:

    >I apologise Mike, but supposing other people, like me, who are
    >still at the *Novice* stage of learning, don't know about such
    >things?

    I suspect that anybody who has vision problems would be more
    aware of such features than the average novice.

    >Having said that, I have a friend who emails me in all caps, I
    >have no difficulty in reading the text. She's been a computer
    >user over 4 years.

    She's a novice, then? :)

    --
    Basic computer maintenance