    Matt Guest

    What needs to be done to allow an as5300 to receive faxes and put them
    in digital form and e-mail them?

    Matt, Jun 24, 2004

  2. Aaron Leonard, Jun 24, 2004

  3. Matt

    Matt Guest

    Aaron Leonard wrote:
    > On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 09:43:59 -0400, Matt <> wrote:
    >
    > ~ What needs to be done to allow an as5300 to receive faxes and put them
    > ~ in digital form and e-mail them?
    >
    > Well, you need voice DSPs in the AS5300 (VFC.)
    >
    > Beyond that, see:
    > CISCO IOS SOFTWARE RELEASES 12.1 MAINLINE
    > Configuring Store and Forward Fax
    > http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/...figuration_guide_chapter09186a00800ca6ae.html

    That link is giving me a bad username/password HTML page even though I
    know what I'm typing in is correct for my CCO username/password.

    Matt, Jun 25, 2004
  4. On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 08:20:39 -0400, Matt <> wrote:

    ~ Aaron Leonard wrote:
    ~ >
    ~
    ~ That link is giving me a bad username/password HTML page even though I
    ~ know what I'm typing in is correct for my CCO username/password.

    Sorry, let's try a version of that that you CAN get to:

    http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios121/121cgcr/multi_c/mcprt1/mcdsffax.htm

    Aaron Leonard, Jun 25, 2004
  5. Matt

    Matt Guest

    Aaron Leonard wrote:
    > On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 08:20:39 -0400, Matt <> wrote:
    >
    > ~ Aaron Leonard wrote:
    > ~ > On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 09:43:59 -0400, Matt <> wrote:
    > ~ >
    > ~ > ~ What needs to be done to allow an as5300 to receive faxes and put them
    > ~ > ~ in digital form and e-mail them?
    > ~ >
    > ~ > Well, you need voice DSPs in the AS5300 (VFC.)
    > ~ >
    > ~ > Beyond that, see:
    > ~ > CISCO IOS SOFTWARE RELEASES 12.1 MAINLINE
    > ~ > Configuring Store and Forward Fax
    > ~ > http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/...figuration_guide_chapter09186a00800ca6ae.html
    > ~
    > ~ That link is giving me a bad username/password HTML page even though I
    > ~ know what I'm typing in is correct for my CCO username/password.
    >
    > Sorry, let's try a version of that that you CAN get to:
    >
    > http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios121/121cgcr/multi_c/mcprt1/mcdsffax.htm

    Ahhh now that did work! Thanks.!

    Matt, Jun 28, 2004
  6. Matt

    Matt Guest

    This information is all VERY helpful.. much more so then what I found
    before.. now I guess my next question is (and maybe I missed it in the
    docs).... what facilities are there for call data records? For
    instance, I want to bill people per minute for sending faxes to Long
    Distance numbers, and I need some way to track this.

    Matt, Jun 28, 2004
  7. On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 10:13:48 -0400, Matt <> wrote:

    ~ This information is all VERY helpful.. much more so then what I found
    ~ before.. now I guess my next question is (and maybe I missed it in the
    ~ docs).... what facilities are there for call data records? For
    ~ instance, I want to bill people per minute for sending faxes to Long
    ~ Distance numbers, and I need some way to track this.

    I'm not 100% sure on this as I've never actually played with this feature.

    I expect that you should be able to turn on AAA resource accounting
    and get SOME accounting info, but I don't know what all fields are
    available there for fax calls, nor what other types of logging can be had.

    Aaron Leonard, Jun 29, 2004