    machine!?

    Ta, and sorry if you have already told me (where!?)

    Sparks...

    Sparks, Oct 28, 2005

  2. Sparks

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Sparks" <postmaster@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
    news:43627bb7$0$38043$
    > Okay, I have asked this before, somewhere, and I think I
    > got an answer, but I'm buggered if I can find it anywhere!
    >
    > I would like to dedicate one SIP trunk as an incoming fax
    > line - how do I tell Asterisk@home to answer the calls
    > received on this trunk with the fax machine!?
    >
    > Ta, and sorry if you have already told me (where!?)
    >
    > Sparks...

    What SIP provider..? Not all support T38, which is required for reliable
    fax.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Oct 28, 2005

  3. Sparks

    Sparks Guest

    > What SIP provider..? Not all support T38, which is required for reliable
    > fax.
    >
    > Ivor

    Your favourite one :)

    Sparks, Oct 28, 2005
  4. Sparks

    Jono Guest

    Sparks wrote:
    || Okay, I have asked this before, somewhere, and I think I got an
    || answer, but I'm buggered if I can find it anywhere!
    || I would like to dedicate one SIP trunk as an incoming fax line - how
    || do I tell Asterisk@home to answer the calls received on this trunk
    || with the fax machine!?
    || Ta, and sorry if you have already told me (where!?)
    || Sparks...

    You keep asking questions I've always meant to ask!
    I've been wondering the same thing. I don't think it's been asked & answered
    in this group before.

    I'll be keen to see an answer to this question though..........& I'll ask
    one you haven't yet, shortly ;-)

    Jono, Oct 28, 2005
  5. Sparks

    Sparks Guest

    > You keep asking questions I've always meant to ask!
    > I've been wondering the same thing. I don't think it's been asked &
    > answered in this group before.
    >
    > I'll be keen to see an answer to this question though..........& I'll ask
    > one you haven't yet, shortly ;-)

    Ya never know, maybe I haven asked because I know ! ;-)

    Sparks, Oct 28, 2005
  6. Sparks

    Jono Guest

    Sparks wrote:
    ||| You keep asking questions I've always meant to ask!
    ||| I've been wondering the same thing. I don't think it's been asked &
    ||| answered in this group before.
    ||| I'll be keen to see an answer to this question though..........& I'll
    ||| ask one you haven't yet, shortly ;-)
    || Ya never know, maybe I haven asked because I know ! ;-)

    Hope so.

    Jono, Oct 28, 2005
  7. Sparks

    Ian Guest

    "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message

    > "Sparks" <postmaster@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
    > > Okay, I have asked this before, somewhere, and I think I
    > > got an answer, but I'm buggered if I can find it anywhere!
    > >
    > > I would like to dedicate one SIP trunk as an incoming fax
    > > line - how do I tell Asterisk@home to answer the calls
    > > received on this trunk with the fax machine!?
    > >
    > > Ta, and sorry if you have already told me (where!?)
    > >
    > > Sparks...

    > What SIP provider..? Not all support T38, which is required for reliable
    > fax.

    I didnt realise that any Visps were running T38 gateways intercepting calls
    to be retransmitted using T38, Which ones are ? I assume you have to tell
    them that you have a T38 terminal at your end as they cant just intercept
    all fax calls and retransmit them as T38.
    Can you post details of who is doing this ?

    Ian, Oct 29, 2005
  8. Sparks

    Ian Guest

    > Okay, I have asked this before, somewhere, and I think I got an answer,

    but
    > I'm buggered if I can find it anywhere!
    >
    > I would like to dedicate one SIP trunk as an incoming fax line - how do I
    > tell Asterisk@home to answer the calls received on this trunk with the fax
    > machine!?
    >
    > Ta, and sorry if you have already told me (where!?)
    >
    > Sparks...

    On Vanilla * its

    ;detects fax and passes it to hylafax server

    exten => fax,1,Dial(SIP/faxexten,30,t,r)

    exten => fax,2,Hangup

    exten => fax,102,Hangup

    Put in the relevent context. This passes fax calls to my seperate fax server
    to be dealt with over a Cisco ATA ( As it supports fax (ish)).

    Ian

    Ian, Oct 29, 2005
  9. Sparks

    > > What SIP provider..? Not all support T38, which is
    > > required for reliable fax.
    > >
    > > Ivor
    > >

    > Your favourite one :)

    You can say the name, I won't bite, my name isn't Dexter..!

    No, Sipgate does not currently support T38. This is stated on their help
    pages.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Oct 29, 2005
  10. Sparks

    Jono Guest

    Ivor Jones wrote:
    || "Sparks" <postmaster@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
    ||| Your favourite one :)
    || You can say the name, I won't bite, my name isn't Dexter..!
    || No, Sipgate does not currently support T38. This is stated on their
    || help pages.
    || Ivor

    Faxes work, though.

    Jono, Oct 29, 2005
  11. Sparks

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Jono" <> wrote in message
    > Ivor Jones wrote:

    [snip]

    > > > You can say the name, I won't bite, my name isn't
    > > > Dexter..! No, Sipgate does not currently support T38. This is
    > > > stated on their help pages.
    > > >
    > > > Ivor

    > Faxes work, though.

    That's interesting, how reliable is it and what is the quality of sent and
    received faxes..? What codec are you using..? I'd be interested in doing a
    few tests.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Oct 29, 2005
  12. Sparks

    Jono Guest

    Ivor Jones wrote:
    || "Jono" <> wrote in message
    ||| Ivor Jones wrote:
    || [snip]
    ||| Faxes work, though.
    || That's interesting, how reliable is it and what is the quality of sent
    || and received faxes..? What codec are you using..? I'd be interested in
    || doing a few tests.
    || Ivor

    I'll try and get the opportunity to get this info for you, though I have to
    confess, my previous post should have had "?" on the end.

    Jono, Oct 29, 2005
  13. Sparks

    Sparks Guest

    > I'll try and get the opportunity to get this info for you, though I have
    > to confess, my previous post should have had "?" on the end.

    I think I have sent one via Sipgate before (or maybe it was VoIPBuster, I
    cant remember!
    I will try it a bit later and see if it does work!

    (Does anyone have a fax machine hooked up to Sipgate I can test
    Sipgate->Sipgate with?)

    Sparks...

    Sparks, Oct 29, 2005
  14. Sparks

    Jono Guest

    Sparks wrote:
    ||| I'll try and get the opportunity to get this info for you, though I
    ||| have to confess, my previous post should have had "?" on the end.
    || I think I have sent one via Sipgate before (or maybe it was
    || VoIPBuster, I cant remember!
    || I will try it a bit later and see if it does work!
    || (Does anyone have a fax machine hooked up to Sipgate I can test
    || Sipgate->Sipgate with?)
    || Sparks...

    Yeah.

    Do you have a throw away email addy & i'll email you the number?

    Jono, Oct 29, 2005
  15. Sparks

    Sparks Guest

    > Yeah.
    >
    > Do you have a throw away email addy & i'll email you the number?

    okay, if you send it to that would be grand

    Sparks...

    Sparks, Oct 29, 2005
  16. Sparks

    Jono Guest

    Sparks wrote:
    ||| Yeah.
    ||| Do you have a throw away email addy & i'll email you the number?
    || okay, if you send it to that would be grand
    || Sparks...

    Hmm, sorry to be a pain...........I can log into that email address, there's
    no password required............It'd be (almost) the same as posting it
    here.

    Jono, Oct 29, 2005
  17. Sparks

    Sparks Guest

    > Hmm, sorry to be a pain...........I can log into that email address,
    > there's no password required............It'd be (almost) the same as
    > posting it here.

    Okay!
    (was going to delete the message immediately, then email you back on the
    reply address)

    How about this one...

    Sparks...

    Sparks, Oct 29, 2005
  18. Sparks

    Jono Guest

    Sparks wrote:
    ||| Hmm, sorry to be a pain...........I can log into that email address,
    ||| there's no password required............It'd be (almost) the same as
    ||| posting it here.
    || Okay!
    || (was going to delete the message immediately, then email you back on
    || the reply address)
    || How about this one...
    || Sparks...

    done.............doesn't look any more private though. No worries.

    YGM.

    Jono, Oct 29, 2005
  19. Sparks

    > > I'll try and get the opportunity to get this info for
    > > you, though I have to confess, my previous post should
    > > have had "?" on the end.

    > I think I have sent one via Sipgate before (or maybe it
    > was VoIPBuster, I cant remember!
    > I will try it a bit later and see if it does work!
    >
    > (Does anyone have a fax machine hooked up to Sipgate I
    > can test Sipgate->Sipgate with?)

    Not at the moment but it's easy enough to hook one up. Let me know.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Oct 29, 2005
  20. Sparks

    Sparks Guest

    > done.............doesn't look any more private though. No worries.
    >
    > YGM.

    Okay, I have sent you three (ignore the bit in the fax about sending it
    twice!)

    One via Sipgate directly to your Sipgate ID, using a PAP2 connected to my
    asterisk box (My fax tells me this we received OK)

    One via the PSTN to your Sipgate geographic number, using a PAP2 connected
    to my asterisk box, routing out via a clone x100p (My fax tells me this was
    NOT received OK)

    And finally one via the PSTN to your Sipgate geographic number, using the
    fax machine directly plugged into my NTL line (my fax tells me this was
    received OK)

    Please let me know!

    Sparks...

    Sparks, Oct 29, 2005