Received Error - What does it mean?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Mike S., Jun 4, 2006.

  1. Mike S.

    Mike S. Guest

    The other day I was viewing a website in Mozilla 1.4 (yes, I know it's
    out-of-date) and my computer restarted. Then it came up with an error:
    BCCode : 1000008e BCP1 : C0000005 BCP2 : BF9A37F8 BCP3 : F4BAAA50 BCP4
    : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 0_0 Product : 768_1

    (And yes I know SP1/SP2 should be installed but that most likely has
    nothing to do with this problem) I rarely use this computer online
    anyway.

    At the time of the error the only programs I had running were Mozilla,
    Weather Watcher (I had installed it several hours earlier), AVG, Sygate
    Firewall and PeerGuardian. Now, since the error, I can't get Mozilla to
    work at all.

    I plan on checking the memory later as I can't now. Could this error
    just be a one time thing that just sort of happened? Or is it more
    likely that there really is a serious problem somewhere? And why isn't
    Mozilla working anymore?

    What kinds of tests should I run to try to figure out the problem?

    It might be worth mentioning that at the time the error occurred, the
    humidity of the room was very high at around 86% even though the room
    temp was around 72 Fahrenheit. The weather here has been crazy and I
    thought that maybe that could cause a problem? Maybe not. I've heard
    computers can be sensitive to humidity and high temps.

    Mike S., Jun 4, 2006