    Express.
    Strange thing, all my other 3 newsgroups are wotking normally.

    Marcel

    Celcius, Oct 25, 2006

  2. Celcius

    Celcius Guest

    Re: rec.photo.digital is SLOW / works now

    "Celcius" <> wrote in message
    > Hi all!
    >
    > Is it me?
    > It seems this newsgroup has become very slow.
    > When I click on a thread, it takes a while to open.
    > I see that there are 10,112 messages, 0 unread at the bottom of my Outlook
    > Express.
    > Strange thing, all my other 3 newsgroups are wotking normally.
    >
    > Marcel

    Sorry...
    I unsuscribed and re-suscribed and everything is OK now.
    Marcel

    Celcius, Oct 25, 2006

  3. Celcius

    SimonLW Guest

    "Celcius" <> wrote in message
    > Hi all!
    >
    > Is it me?
    > It seems this newsgroup has become very slow.
    > When I click on a thread, it takes a while to open.
    > I see that there are 10,112 messages, 0 unread at the bottom of my Outlook
    > Express.
    > Strange thing, all my other 3 newsgroups are wotking normally.
    >
    > Marcel

    Check with your ISP. The net news server they use doesn't apply to me and
    most others using the group.
    John

    SimonLW, Oct 25, 2006
  4. Celcius

    Mikevt1 Guest

    tt

    Mikevt1, Oct 25, 2006
  5. Celcius

    Mark² Guest

    Celcius wrote:
    > Hi all!
    >
    > Is it me?
    > It seems this newsgroup has become very slow.
    > When I click on a thread, it takes a while to open.
    > I see that there are 10,112 messages, 0 unread at the bottom of my
    > Outlook Express.
    > Strange thing, all my other 3 newsgroups are wotking normally.
    >
    > Marcel

    They've been acting up for me, too.
    Several phtoo groups have been very inconsistent for the last 24 hours or
    so...

    www.pbase.com/markuson

    Mark², Oct 26, 2006
  6. Celcius

    Colin_D Guest

    Celcius wrote:
    > Hi all!
    >
    > Is it me?
    > It seems this newsgroup has become very slow.
    > When I click on a thread, it takes a while to open.
    > I see that there are 10,112 messages, 0 unread at the bottom of my Outlook
    > Express.
    > Strange thing, all my other 3 newsgroups are wotking normally.
    >
    > Marcel

    It's not the newsgroup as such that is slow, as many copies of all
    groups exist on many servers around the world. The particular server
    you subscribe to may be slow, or there may be some problem with your
    news client. I see you re-did your subscription which fixed the
    problem, so I guess your trouble was your news client.

    Colin D.

    Colin_D, Oct 26, 2006
  7. Celcius

    Celcius Guest

    "Colin_D" <nospam@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
    > Celcius wrote:
    >> Hi all!
    >>
    >> Is it me?
    >> It seems this newsgroup has become very slow.
    >> When I click on a thread, it takes a while to open.
    >> I see that there are 10,112 messages, 0 unread at the bottom of my
    >> Outlook Express.
    >> Strange thing, all my other 3 newsgroups are wotking normally.
    >>
    >> Marcel

    > It's not the newsgroup as such that is slow, as many copies of all groups
    > exist on many servers around the world. The particular server you
    > subscribe to may be slow, or there may be some problem with your news
    > client. I see you re-did your subscription which fixed the problem, so I
    > guess your trouble was your news client.
    >
    > Colin D.

    Thanks Colin and all of you.
    Marcel

    Celcius, Oct 26, 2006
  8. SimonLW wrote:
    > "Celcius" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi all!
    > >
    > > Is it me?
    > > It seems this newsgroup has become very slow.
    > > When I click on a thread, it takes a while to open.
    > > I see that there are 10,112 messages, 0 unread at the bottom of my Outlook
    > > Express.
    > > Strange thing, all my other 3 newsgroups are wotking normally.
    > >
    > > Marcel
    > >

    > Check with your ISP. The net news server they use doesn't apply to me and
    > most others using the group.
    > John

    I agree. Some ISPs do not support Usenet at all. Others do strictly
    by lip service. My ISP is the later type- they offer Usenet feed, but
    will take no action to troubleshoot any problems. They say so few of
    their subscribers use it they have no incentive to worry about it.

    Don Stauffer in Minnesota, Oct 26, 2006
  9. Celcius

    Paul J Gans Guest

    Celcius <> wrote:
    >Hi all!

    >Is it me?
    >It seems this newsgroup has become very slow.
    >When I click on a thread, it takes a while to open.
    >I see that there are 10,112 messages, 0 unread at the bottom of my Outlook
    >Express.
    >Strange thing, all my other 3 newsgroups are wotking normally.

    That depends on your ISP. They are the ones who pass
    the message headers (and eventually contents) to you.
    I'd contact them.

    But if I understand what you are saying, they are passing
    10,112 headers to you. That will take time.

    How many messages are there in the "normal" groups?

    ----- Paul J. Gans

    Paul J Gans, Oct 27, 2006