    I'm sure someone once recommended a good, reliable, independent pop3
    email hosting service on nzcomp, but I cannot find the post anywhere.
    Can anyone remember what it was or recommend one? TIA

    Donchano, Dec 6, 2007

  2. Donchano

    EMB Guest

    Donchano wrote:
    > I'm sure someone once recommended a good, reliable, independent pop3
    > email hosting service on nzcomp, but I cannot find the post anywhere.
    > Can anyone remember what it was or recommend one? TIA

    For a single account, your own domain name? More detail needed.

    EMB, Dec 6, 2007

  3. Donchano

    Donchano Guest

    On Thu, 06 Dec 2007 19:16:28 +1300, EMB <>
    magnanimously proffered:

    >Donchano wrote:
    >> I'm sure someone once recommended a good, reliable, independent pop3
    >> email hosting service on nzcomp, but I cannot find the post anywhere.
    >> Can anyone remember what it was or recommend one? TIA

    >For a single account, your own domain name? More detail needed.

    Just a single account to replace my Xtra SMTP/POP3 mail account. I
    would forward email addressed to my domain addresses to that account.

    Donchano, Dec 6, 2007
  4. Donchano

    none Guest

    Donchano wrote:
    > Just a single account to replace my Xtra SMTP/POP3 mail account. I
    > would forward email addressed to my domain addresses to that account.

    Pretty much any decent sized ISP or hosting company (that isn't Xtra)
    can do basic mail.

    Or just forward it to a Gmail address.

    none, Dec 7, 2007
  5. Donchano

    Craig Shore Guest

    On Thu, 06 Dec 2007 14:24:53 +1300, Donchano <>
    wrote:

    >I'm sure someone once recommended a good, reliable, independent pop3
    >email hosting service on nzcomp, but I cannot find the post anywhere.
    >Can anyone remember what it was or recommend one? TIA

    gmail.com (free)

    fastmail.net (costs)

    Craig Shore, Dec 7, 2007
  6. Donchano

    Puddle Guest

    Craig Shore wrote:
    > On Thu, 06 Dec 2007 14:24:53 +1300, Donchano <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> I'm sure someone once recommended a good, reliable, independent pop3
    >> email hosting service on nzcomp, but I cannot find the post anywhere.
    >> Can anyone remember what it was or recommend one? TIA

    > gmail.com (free)

    gmail is pretty good actually, only recently did I realise that they
    provide imap access so you can avoid all the adverts + you can host your
    own domain on gmail for free also, that is pretty awesome.

    Puddle, Dec 7, 2007
  7. Donchano

    Donchano Guest

    On Fri, 07 Dec 2007 20:12:53 +1300, Craig Shore
    <> magnanimously proffered:

    >On Thu, 06 Dec 2007 14:24:53 +1300, Donchano <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>I'm sure someone once recommended a good, reliable, independent pop3
    >>email hosting service on nzcomp, but I cannot find the post anywhere.
    >>Can anyone remember what it was or recommend one? TIA

    >gmail.com (free)
    >
    >fastmail.net (costs)

    Thanks. Fastmail was the one I was trying to remember. It will do the
    job nicely.

    Donchano, Dec 9, 2007