    Is this the sort of thing norton ghost does? Please let me know... by the
    way, the computer will either be using Windows 2000, XP, or 2003Server

    TIA

    RG, Sep 3, 2003

  2. > Is there any way to quickly rebuild a server computer just incase of future
    > crashes or virus's? like instead of formatting and reinstalling the OS and
    > all the software, is it possible to just pop in 1 cd and get it all back?
    > Is this the sort of thing norton ghost does? Please let me know... by the
    > way, the computer will either be using Windows 2000, XP, or 2003Server

    Isn't that what Norton's Ghost does... not sure I don't use it...

    http://quantum.2ya.com/email.htm

    Bebop & Rocksteady, Sep 3, 2003

  3. RG

    JabberSmith Guest

    > Is there any way to quickly rebuild a server computer just incase of
    future
    > crashes or virus's? like instead of formatting and reinstalling the OS and
    > all the software, is it possible to just pop in 1 cd and get it all back?
    > Is this the sort of thing norton ghost does? Please let me know... by the
    > way, the computer will either be using Windows 2000, XP, or 2003Server
    >
    > TIA

    Ghost will do that. Recent versions will do it over a network even.

    Though you wont fit most OSs and programs on a CD. DVD maybe.

    Typically a second hard drive is used for that purpose...

    Though you might find it easier to use a RAID system. (RAID does not
    protect against I/O errors though.... (idiot operator))

    JabberSmith, Sep 3, 2003
  4. RG

    Boomer.. Guest

    > Is there any way to quickly rebuild a server computer just incase of
    > future crashes or virus's? like instead of formatting and
    > reinstalling the OS and all the software, is it possible to just pop
    > in 1 cd and get it all back? Is this the sort of thing norton ghost
    > does? Please let me know... by the way, the computer will either be
    > using Windows 2000, XP, or 2003Server

    Can't tell you much, but someone will be along shortly to offer advice. In
    the meantime, whatever you do, don't post in HTML. And if you want to post
    test messages, please use a TEST group.

    alt.test --------------------------------->
    misc.test ------------------------------>
    za.test --------------------------------->

    The purpose of test newsgroups is to allow users to test
    their news software and servers without annoying others.

    FYI http://www.uwasa.fi/~ts/http/testpost.html

    Thank You :)

    Boomer.., Sep 3, 2003
  5. RG

    RG Guest

    wtf u talking about? i aint testing anything

    RG, Sep 6, 2003
  6. RG

    Boomer Guest

    > wtf u talking about? i aint testing anything

    >> Is there any way to quickly rebuild a server computer just
    >> incase of future crashes or virus's? like instead of formatting
    >> and reinstalling the OS and all the software, is it possible
    >> to just pop in 1 cd and get it all back? Is this the sort of
    >> thing norton ghost does? Please let me know... by the way, the
    >> computer will either be using Windows 2000, XP, or 2003Server

    [snip troll crap]

    I know you are not.
    That was a troll posing as me.
    Read its headers and read mine. Mine stay the same. The troll
    changes. :)

    Boomer, Sep 6, 2003