Rebtel & Skype

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Brian A, Apr 5, 2010.

  1. Brian A

    Brian A Guest

    I've not looked at Rebtel before because it only seemed to do what I
    could do myself with other 'tools'. However, I thought I would give it a
    try but there is something I'm not getting about it. I read that when you
    want to call an international number, or a Skype contact then a 'unique'
    local number is issued. However, after adding a Skype contact all I got
    was a general access number - certainly not a unique one. I tried using
    this general number to call my own 'international number' when prompted
    via the local general access number. I tried this and got nowhere.
    What I am looking to achieve is a unique number to a Skype ID.

    So, how does this all work? I don't find the site very informative it
    mostly answers questions where the answers are obvious (well to me
    anyway).

    --
    Please remove 'no_spam_' from email address. SAVE THE BBC Sign petition
    http://www.avaaz.org/en/save_the_bbc/

    Brian A, Apr 5, 2010

  2. Brian A

    Brian A Guest

    On Mon, 05 Apr 2010 10:04:32 +0000, Brian A wrote:

    > I've not looked at Rebtel before because it only seemed to do what I
    > could do myself with other 'tools'. However, I thought I would give it a
    > try but there is something I'm not getting about it. I read that when
    > you want to call an international number, or a Skype contact then a
    > 'unique' local number is issued. However, after adding a Skype contact
    > all I got was a general access number - certainly not a unique one. I
    > tried using this general number to call my own 'international number'
    > when prompted via the local general access number. I tried this and got
    > nowhere. What I am looking to achieve is a unique number to a Skype ID.
    >
    > So, how does this all work? I don't find the site very informative it
    > mostly answers questions where the answers are obvious (well to me
    > anyway).

    It's not working yet but I think I have sorted it. I did find a unique
    access number but it appears that it has to receive a CLI from a
    registered number. Getting there slowly :)

    Brian A, Apr 5, 2010