rebooting my computer will once and it keeps erstarting

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Ron Martell, Aug 28, 2006.

  1. Ron Martell

    Ron Martell Guest

    "detap" <> wrote:

    >I recently installed a new mother board,CPU modem.power supply box and
    >memory with a new window XP pro. now when ever rebooting my computer will
    >stop and start 5 to 10 times before it will boot all the way up dose any one
    >know what the problem is

    With a new motherboard etc. you almost always need to do a Repair
    Install of Windows XP in order properly configure the HAL (Hardware
    Abstraction Layer) to work with the new components.

    See http://michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm for details.

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP (1997 - 2006)
    On-Line Help Computer Service

    has never been in bed with a mosquito."

    detap, Aug 28, 2006

  3. Ron Martell

    joevan Guest

    On Mon, 28 Aug 2006 12:34:44 -0700, "detap" <> wrote:

    >I recently installed a new mother board,CPU modem.power supply box and
    >memory with a new window XP pro. now when ever rebooting my computer will
    >stop and start 5 to 10 times before it will boot all the way up dose any one
    >know what the problem is

    Could it be the OP?
    and for the same reason."

    joevan, Aug 28, 2006