Rebooting Computer

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Koss, May 16, 2007.

  1. Koss

    Koss Guest

    I had a friend that builds computers make me a new one. He has made several
    in the past for me with no problems. This one is a real PITA....

    This one is a duel core AMD Athhlon 64X2 Dual Core Processor 5200+2.60GHz
    with a Abit KN9 mother board and came with 1 GB of Crucial Dual Channel
    memory but supports up to 4 GB of memory. It has a ATI Radeon X1300
    Graphics card with 256 MB of memory and a SATA 80 GB hard drive. It is
    running
    WinXP Pro service pack 2. It was built in October 2006 and ran flawlessly
    for months.

    Then I was talked into 2 more GB of Crucial Dual Channel memory and ordered
    it. When it came in he said bring the box over and I will install it. Well
    he was trying to install it and was pushing on it real hard but the dumb ass
    had it backwards and it wouldn't go in. Then he realized what he was doing
    and put it in correctly. Shortly after I took it home it it started
    rebooting. We figured it was bad memory that I bought.I contacted Crucial
    and they told me how to test the memory. It was bad and they sent me a
    replacement.

    All ran ok for months and the rebooting problem started again. He tried to
    tell me it was a bad operating system and that I screwed it up being on porn
    sites. That is BS and I wouldn't recommend this a-hole to anyone.

    This system might run fine for weeks with no problems or it it does nothing
    but reboot. I ran tests on the memory and the hard drive. Is there a way to
    test the motherboard ? I am lost for a solution.
    Koss, May 16, 2007

  2. Koss

    flamer Guest

    On May 16, 11:46 am, "Koss" <> wrote:
    > I had a friend that builds computers make me a new one. He has made several
    > in the past for me with no problems. This one is a real PITA....
    >
    > This one is a duel core AMD Athhlon 64X2 Dual Core Processor 5200+2.60GHz
    > with a Abit KN9 mother board and came with 1 GB of Crucial Dual Channel
    > memory but supports up to 4 GB of memory. It has a ATI Radeon X1300
    > Graphics card with 256 MB of memory and a SATA 80 GB hard drive. It is
    > running
    > WinXP Pro service pack 2. It was built in October 2006 and ran flawlessly
    > for months.
    >
    > Then I was talked into 2 more GB of Crucial Dual Channel memory and ordered
    > it. When it came in he said bring the box over and I will install it. Well
    > he was trying to install it and was pushing on it real hard but the dumb ass
    > had it backwards and it wouldn't go in. Then he realized what he was doing
    > and put it in correctly. Shortly after I took it home it it started
    > rebooting. We figured it was bad memory that I bought.I contacted Crucial
    > and they told me how to test the memory. It was bad and they sent me a
    > replacement.
    >
    > All ran ok for months and the rebooting problem started again. He tried to
    > tell me it was a bad operating system and that I screwed it up being on porn
    > sites. That is BS and I wouldn't recommend this a-hole to anyone.
    >
    > This system might run fine for weeks with no problems or it it does nothing
    > but reboot. I ran tests on the memory and the hard drive. Is there a way to
    > test the motherboard ? I am lost for a solution.

    how did you test the memory? memtest86? is it one stick or two? if its
    two take one out then test each separately. i would test the power
    supply and the power/reset buttons on the front. check that none of
    the power connectors are burnt out. if that all looks fine then check
    for malware on your pc, also next time it reboots click start,run>
    type 'eventvwr' hit enter and look through your logs and look for
    anything that states why the system shutdown.

    Flamer
    flamer , May 16, 2007