    John Bahran Guest

    Everytime I try to email using DSL my Hp Pavilion (Celeron 1.2Ghz) it
    reboots. Any ideas? Please help.

    John Bahran, Oct 15, 2004

  2. John Bahran

    Joel Rubin Guest

    On 15 Oct 2004 08:16:35 -0700, (John Bahran)
    wrote:

    >Everytime I try to email using DSL my Hp Pavilion (Celeron 1.2Ghz) it
    >reboots. Any ideas? Please help.

    The first thing I'd want to know is it this is a problem with your
    mail program (Outlook Express or whatever) or a problem with sending
    mail.

    1) Can you send mail with another program, such as Pegasus or
    Thunderbird? (both free)

    2) Can you send mail with telnet? (geek warning)

    telnet mail.swbell.net 25

    (I can see you're on SWBell by your NNTP posting host)
    helo default
    mail from: <>
    rcpt to: <your address>
    data
    end it with a dot on a line by itself
    ..
    quit

    (telnet in Win 95/98/ME needs to have local echo turned on or you
    won't be able to see what you're typing.

    Be careful what you type because backspace doesn't correct errors.)

    3) My favorite problem with Outlet Express -

    See if you're using secure sockets for SMTP connections. Most ISP's
    don't use it; MSN does. Guess what the default is for Outlook Express.

    ( Hit Tools, accounts, mail sheet, highlight the account and hit
    properties, hit the advanced sheet)

    Joel Rubin, Oct 15, 2004