    but both didn't find anything (and yes, they have been updated). Does anyone
    know this problem, and has an answer to fix it? I use windows 2000.
    Tnxs.... Peter
    Bosjespeer, Oct 25, 2004

  2. Bosjespeer

    Pennywise Guest

    On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 20:33:04 +0200, "Bosjespeer"
    <> wrote:

    |>Hello everybody,
    |>I have a big problem. My computer reboots frequently (10-15 times a day), so
    |>i suspected a virus..... I used Norman and Panda Plantinum to discover it,
    |>but both didn't find anything (and yes, they have been updated). Does anyone
    |>know this problem, and has an answer to fix it? I use windows 2000.

    Run (WinKey+R) drwtsn32
    and look at the application errors it will tell you what program is
    causing your problem.

    Another place to look is to run eventvwr
    Pennywise, Oct 25, 2004

  3. I was walking down the street, minding my own business, when on Mon,
    25 Oct 2004 20:33:04 +0200, "Bosjespeer" <>
    screamed from behind the mulberry bush:

    >Hello everybody,
    >I have a big problem. My computer reboots frequently (10-15 times a day), so
    >i suspected a virus..... I used Norman and Panda Plantinum to discover it,
    >but both didn't find anything (and yes, they have been updated). Does anyone
    >know this problem, and has an answer to fix it? I use windows 2000.
    >Tnxs.... Peter

    It's more than likely an over-heating problem. Take the cover off your
    PC, take some canned air and blow the fucking dust bunnies out of it.
    I advise you to do this outside because if you're married, you're wife
    will kick your ass. Make sure you especially blow the dirt out of the
    heatsinks on the CPU and chipsets.
    Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor, Oct 25, 2004
  4. Bosjespeer wrote:

    > Hello everybody,
    > I have a big problem. My computer reboots frequently (10-15 times a day),
    > so i suspected a virus..... I used Norman and Panda Plantinum to discover
    > it, but both didn't find anything (and yes, they have been updated). Does
    > anyone know this problem, and has an answer to fix it? I use windows 2000.
    > Tnxs.... Peter

    Take a look at the event viewer. And uncheck the "reboot on error" setting
    to fetch the BSOD's.
    Another thing is to look at "pc health" status (temperatures, supply
    voltages). If you have a spare powersupply hanging around, exchange it.
    Linux woodpecker.homnet.at 2.6.8reiser4pkt [LinuxCounter#295241]
    Walter Mautner, Oct 25, 2004
  5. Bosjespeer

    Rob B. Guest

    "Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor" <> wrote in message
    > I was walking down the street, minding my own business, when on Mon,
    > 25 Oct 2004 20:33:04 +0200, "Bosjespeer" <>
    > screamed from behind the mulberry bush:
    >
    > >Hello everybody,
    > >I have a big problem. My computer reboots frequently (10-15 times a day),

    so
    > >i suspected a virus..... I used Norman and Panda Plantinum to discover

    it,
    > >but both didn't find anything (and yes, they have been updated). Does

    anyone
    > >know this problem, and has an answer to fix it? I use windows 2000.
    > >Tnxs.... Peter

    > It's more than likely an over-heating problem. Take the cover off your
    > PC, take some canned air and blow the fucking dust bunnies out of it.
    > I advise you to do this outside because if you're married, you're wife
    > will kick your ass. Make sure you especially blow the dirt out of the
    > heatsinks on the CPU and chipsets.

    I agree on the overheat issue. Feel the back of the PC near the power
    source and feel if there is any airflow, if there isn't, your powersupply is
    not pushing the air outside the case as it should, rather leaving it inside.
    AMD and older Intel chips will make your PC reboot if they overheat. The
    P3/P4's have a heat sensor that when they get to hot will slow the processor
    down to almost a crawl to prevent itself from burning out. Might want to
    get some case fans ....

    -Rob
    Techhowto.org
    Rob B., Oct 25, 2004
  6. Bosjespeer

    Dan Evans Guest

    > I advise you to do this outside because if you're married, you're wife
    > will kick your ass.

    Aint that the fucking truth - I got a right royal reaming when I cleaned
    the office machines out. OK, I did do it on the coffee table when I was
    watching the TV one evening, so I did kind of deserve it.

    Dan

    Dan Evans, Oct 25, 2004
  7. Bosjespeer

    Glyn Bolan Guest

    Here's the link to a handy website that has the stinger virus scan if you
    suspect a worm or virus etc..

    http://vil.mcafeesecurity.com/vil/averttools.asp

    Glyn Bolan, Oct 26, 2004
  8. Bosjespeer

    Hooter Guest

    Here's another one. I had a similar problem where my PC would reboot when
    the fridge came on. It turned out to be a failing power supply which cooked
    the whole system about two weeks after the problem first appeared.

    Hooter, Oct 26, 2004