    What can I do if I want turning off my PC correctly?
    Thanks

    bye Fogar

    Fogar, Feb 4, 2004

  2. Fogar

    Will Dormann Guest

    Fogar wrote:

    > Hi,
    > after AD-Aware has run and after I having deleted some dangerous
    > files:
    > Actalert.exe, Internet Optimizer, manage.exe, etc.
    > when I make the reboot of my PC Start/turn off, manage.exe
    > my PC doesn't reboot correctly anymore but when I go to Start/turn
    > off, it opens a window tells me that it cannot turn off the PC because
    > thereis a "rundll32.exe" running.
    > "The application doesn't work", then after some clicks it turns off.
    > I have also deleted their keys in Regedit.
    > What can I do if I want turning off my PC correctly?

    Try running Spybot to see if there's anything that Ad-aware missed.

    -WD

    Will Dormann, Feb 4, 2004

  3. Fogar

    Fogar Guest

    >Try running Spybot to see if there's anything that Ad-aware missed.

    I have just used Spybot but the problem is the same.

    bye Fogar

    Fogar, Feb 4, 2004
  4. Fogar

    lin Guest

    "Fogar" <> wrote in message news:...
    > Hi,
    > after AD-Aware has run and after I having deleted some dangerous
    > files:
    > Actalert.exe, Internet Optimizer, manage.exe, etc.
    > when I make the reboot of my PC Start/turn off, manage.exe
    > my PC doesn't reboot correctly anymore but when I go to Start/turn
    > off, it opens a window tells me that it cannot turn off the PC because
    > thereis a "rundll32.exe" running.
    > "The application doesn't work", then after some clicks it turns off.
    > I have also deleted their keys in Regedit.
    > What can I do if I want turning off my PC correctly?
    > Thanks
    >
    > bye Fogar

    You don't say what OS you are running but in XP Start>Run> Type sfc /scannow
    the computer will check to make sure all the system files are not corrupt. If it finds any corrupt files it restores them from the CD.

    In windows 98 the command is just sfc

    HTH
    tree

    ---

    lin, Feb 4, 2004
  5. Fogar

    June Guest

    I know this is a little late but I've had adaware corrupt or delete drivers
    when I used it on my brother's computer. I always check to see what's it's
    deleting now....

    June, Feb 4, 2004
  6. Fogar

    Dirk Guest

    "June" <> schreef in bericht
    > I know this is a little late but I've had adaware corrupt or delete

    drivers
    > when I used it on my brother's computer. I always check to see what's

    it's
    > deleting now....

    B**L S**T. Ad-aware doesn't corrupt nor delete drivers. Neither does Spybot
    S&D.
    By removing adware it could hamper your "ad-supported" software thats all.

    Dirk, Feb 4, 2004
  7. Fogar

    Dirk Guest

    "Fogar" <> schreef in bericht
    > Hi,
    > after AD-Aware has run and after I having deleted some dangerous
    > files:
    > Actalert.exe, Internet Optimizer, manage.exe, etc.
    > when I make the reboot of my PC Start/turn off, manage.exe
    > my PC doesn't reboot correctly anymore but when I go to Start/turn
    > off, it opens a window tells me that it cannot turn off the PC because
    > thereis a "rundll32.exe" running.
    > "The application doesn't work", then after some clicks it turns off.
    > I have also deleted their keys in Regedit.
    > What can I do if I want turning off my PC correctly?
    > Thanks
    >
    > bye Fogar

    Run Hijackthis and post the scan-log in the forum.
    www.tomcoyote.com/hjt

    Dirk, Feb 4, 2004
  8. Fogar

    Fogar Guest

    >You don't say what OS you are running but in XP Start>Run> Type sfc /scannow
    >the computer will check to make sure all the system files are not corrupt. If it finds any corrupt files it restores them from the CD.
    >
    >In windows 98 the command is just sfc

    I have Win XP, I don't understand your reply,
    what can I do precisely, please?
    Thanks

    bye Fogar

    Fogar, Feb 4, 2004
  9. Fogar

    Trent© Guest

    On Wed, 04 Feb 2004 15:16:08 GMT, Fogar <> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >after AD-Aware has run and after I having deleted some dangerous
    >files:
    >Actalert.exe, Internet Optimizer, manage.exe, etc.
    >when I make the reboot of my PC Start/turn off, manage.exe
    >my PC doesn't reboot correctly anymore but when I go to Start/turn
    >off, it opens a window tells me that it cannot turn off the PC because
    >thereis a "rundll32.exe" running.
    >"The application doesn't work", then after some clicks it turns off.
    >I have also deleted their keys in Regedit.
    >What can I do if I want turning off my PC correctly?
    >Thanks
    >
    > bye Fogar

    Check your Event Viewer.

    Also, turn off Synchronization in IE.

    Have a nice week...

    Trent

    Trent©, Feb 5, 2004
  10. Fogar

    Fogar Guest

    >Check your Event Viewer.
    >
    >Also, turn off Synchronization in IE.

    Can you tell me what have I do precisely, please?
    I have ever done them.
    thanks

    Fogar, Feb 5, 2004
  11. Fogar

    Fogar Guest

    >You don't say what OS you are running but in XP Start>Run> Type sfc /scannow
    >the computer will check to make sure all the system files are not corrupt. If it finds any corrupt files it restores them from the CD.

    Hi,
    I have done everything you told me.
    I have written in Start>Run> : "sfc /scannow"
    A window tells me to insert Win XP Professional Service Pack 1 CD but
    when I insert it into my CD-ROM reader it, a window tells me that it
    is a wrong CD.
    Perhaps is not there the Service Pack 1 in my CD?
    Therefore I have downloaded "ie6setup.exe" from Micrisoft site,
    I think it has the Service Pack 1 but when I launch it, a window tells
    me I have already a newer version and it is impossible to install it.
    What have I to do, please?
    Thanks very much for your advice,

    bye Fogar

    Fogar, Feb 5, 2004
  12. Fogar

    taff Guest

    On Thu, 05 Feb 2004 18:27:02 GMT, Fogar <> wrote:

    >>You don't say what OS you are running but in XP Start>Run> Type sfc /scannow
    >>the computer will check to make sure all the system files are not corrupt. If it finds any corrupt files it restores them from the CD.

    >Hi,
    >I have done everything you told me.
    >I have written in Start>Run> : "sfc /scannow"
    >A window tells me to insert Win XP Professional Service Pack 1 CD but
    >when I insert it into my CD-ROM reader it, a window tells me that it
    >is a wrong CD.
    >Perhaps is not there the Service Pack 1 in my CD?
    >Therefore I have downloaded "ie6setup.exe" from Micrisoft site,
    >I think it has the Service Pack 1 but when I launch it, a window tells
    >me I have already a newer version and it is impossible to install it.
    >What have I to do, please?
    >Thanks very much for your advice,
    >
    > bye Fogar

    Go to the windows update site and download all available patches.
    SP1 is there.
    http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/en/default.asp

    Taff................

    www.sounds-pa.com | www.thecomputerworkshop.com

    taff, Feb 5, 2004
  13. Fogar

    Fogar Guest

    >Go to the windows update site and download all available patches.
    >SP1 is there.
    >http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/en/default.asp
    >
    >Taff................

    I went to the update site but "There are no critical updates
    available a this time".
    My PC has every update.
    I am worried.
    Perhaps some days ago I think I have deleted some windows file amiss.
    thanks

    bye Fogar

    Fogar, Feb 5, 2004
  14. Fogar wrote:

    >>Check your Event Viewer.
    >>
    >>Also, turn off Synchronization in IE.

    > Can you tell me what have I do precisely, please?
    > I have ever done them.
    > thanks

    Another idea:

    Start ----> All Programs ----> Accesories -----> System Tools ---->
    System Restore.

    If you haven't turn system restore off, it will allow you to reset your
    system to a time before you removed the spyware. I can't garentee it
    will help, but it very well might. Give it a shot, it can't hurt and it
    doesn't impact data.

    Andrew Watiker, Feb 5, 2004
  15. Fogar

    Fogar Guest

    >If you haven't turn system restore off, it will allow you to reset your
    >system to a time before you removed the spyware. I can't garentee it
    >will help, but it very well might. Give it a shot, it can't hurt and it
    >doesn't impact data.

    Hi,
    I havent' turn system restore off. I see the disabled box.
    When I have tried to make the restore (after my PC having worked for
    some minutes) it has gone out a window that have told me it was
    impossible to restore the system to a antecedent dates.
    Why?
    I hope you will help me again,
    thanks

    bye Fogar

    Fogar, Feb 5, 2004
  16. Fogar

    Topper Guest

    > Hi,
    > after AD-Aware has run and after I having deleted some dangerous
    > files:
    > Actalert.exe, Internet Optimizer, manage.exe, etc.

    What does anyone know about this Internet Optimizer? I had a virus but
    thought Id got rid of it but everytime I have trouble with a web page an
    internet optimizer page comes up. I deleted the folder out of the program
    files dir on c: but still get it.

    Topper, Feb 6, 2004
  17. Fogar

    Fogar Guest

    >What does anyone know about this Internet Optimizer? I had a virus but
    >thought Id got rid of it but everytime I have trouble with a web page an
    >internet optimizer page comes up. I deleted the folder out of the program
    >files dir on c: but still get it.

    I think it could be "manage.exe" in Windows or System32 directories.
    If it is there you have to delete it.

    Fogar, Feb 6, 2004
  18. Fogar

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "Topper" <> wrote in news:bvvvdn$e3k$1
    @news8.svr.pol.co.uk:

    >> Hi,
    >> after AD-Aware has run and after I having deleted some dangerous
    >> files:
    >> Actalert.exe, Internet Optimizer, manage.exe, etc.

    > What does anyone know about this Internet Optimizer? I had a virus but
    > thought Id got rid of it but everytime I have trouble with a web page

    an
    > internet optimizer page comes up. I deleted the folder out of the

    program
    > files dir on c: but still get it.
    >
    > "Will Dormann" <> wrote in message
    >> Fogar wrote:
    >>
    >> > Hi,
    >> > after AD-Aware has run and after I having deleted some dangerous
    >> > files:
    >> > Actalert.exe, Internet Optimizer, manage.exe, etc.
    >> > when I make the reboot of my PC Start/turn off, manage.exe
    >> > my PC doesn't reboot correctly anymore but when I go to Start/turn
    >> > off, it opens a window tells me that it cannot turn off the PC

    because
    >> > thereis a "rundll32.exe" running.
    >> > "The application doesn't work", then after some clicks it turns off.
    >> > I have also deleted their keys in Regedit.
    >> > What can I do if I want turning off my PC correctly?

    >> Try running Spybot to see if there's anything that Ad-aware missed.
    >>

    >> -WD

    I see this in action all the time as I surf the Web. It may help on the
    overall protection, but you still neet to find the root of the problem
    due to some Trojan or Spyware.

    http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm
    http://accs-net.com/hosts/HostsToggle/

    You can use Active Ports and Process Explorer both (free use Google) to
    track things down possibly.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Feb 6, 2004
  19. Fogar

    Fogar Guest

    Hi, I have just resolved the problem disabling the box:
    Start/msconfig/avvio/bridge.exe
    However thanks very much for your help.

    Fogar, Feb 6, 2004
  20. Fogar

    taff Guest

    On Fri, 6 Feb 2004 11:56:45 -0000, "Topper" <>
    wrote:

    >> Hi,
    >> after AD-Aware has run and after I having deleted some dangerous
    >> files:
    >> Actalert.exe, Internet Optimizer, manage.exe, etc.

    >What does anyone know about this Internet Optimizer? I had a virus but
    >thought Id got rid of it but everytime I have trouble with a web page an
    >internet optimizer page comes up. I deleted the folder out of the program
    >files dir on c: but still get it.
    >
    >"Will Dormann" <> wrote in message
    >> Fogar wrote:
    >>
    >> > Hi,
    >> > after AD-Aware has run and after I having deleted some dangerous
    >> > files:
    >> > Actalert.exe, Internet Optimizer, manage.exe, etc.
    >> > when I make the reboot of my PC Start/turn off, manage.exe
    >> > my PC doesn't reboot correctly anymore but when I go to Start/turn
    >> > off, it opens a window tells me that it cannot turn off the PC because
    >> > thereis a "rundll32.exe" running.
    >> > "The application doesn't work", then after some clicks it turns off.
    >> > I have also deleted their keys in Regedit.
    >> > What can I do if I want turning off my PC correctly?

    >> Try running Spybot to see if there's anything that Ad-aware missed.
    >>

    >> -WD

    Have a look at this web page.
    http://www.doxdesk.com/parasite/InternetOptimizer.html

    taff, Feb 6, 2004