    yet to occur.

    Let me know what information might be useful, as I know there isn't much to
    go on here. Thanks for anything y'all can provide. ;-)
    =?Utf-8?B?S2VuIEh1ZmZtYW4sIEpyLg==?=, Nov 14, 2005

  2. Did you use F6 to load drivers for you SATA controller? If not, that's
    probably the issue.

    You need to tell us what the stop error message is so we can go further. To
    see that, you'll need to interrupt the boot process by pressing F8 the
    instant it goes to the Windows boot, and turn off automatic restart on
    error.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Nov 14, 2005

  3. I did load MSI-provided drivers for my SATA controller. After posting here,
    I read through some more posts, and it seems there is a difference in drivers
    pre- and post- a certain build number. Could it be that MSI has provided
    drivers that may have been working for previous builds but just don't work
    for the current build?

    In any case, I can get the stop error posted by morning. Thx for the help!

    =?Utf-8?B?S2VuIEh1ZmZtYW4sIEpyLg==?=, Nov 15, 2005
  4. Yes, it's very possible. It's also sometimes difficult to be sure which SATA
    controller goes with which SATA connector. So we've seen folks have the
    wrong driver added for the actual connector they're connected to. Finally,
    if you know for sure which controller it is, and the MSI one's don't work,
    then check www.planetamd64.com for drivers for that chipset.

    Do make sure you're using the final, released product. There are significant
    problems with the CPP eval version now, and we've had several people run
    into crashed systems as they applied updates against that build.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Nov 15, 2005