ReBoot 4th season coming to DVD

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Len-L, Feb 24, 2004.

  1. Len-L

    Len-L Guest

    From http://www.tvshowsondvd.com :

    ReBoot - Season 4/TV movies announced!

    Anchor Bay Entertainment has announced that the two ReBoot TV movies,
    Daemon Rising and My Two Bobs, will be coming to DVD on May 4th, 2004.
    These two TV movies comprise a very short 4th, and final, season for the
    series. The DVD will contain an anamorphic widescreen (1.78:1) picture
    along with Dolby Digital 5.1 sound, and the disc carries a low SRP at
    just $19.98. DVDEmpire.com and Amazon.com are taking preorders for the
    disc already.

    ReBoot was the first computer animated TV show when it aired in 1994. It
    ran for 3 seasons (39 episodes) before returning in 2001 with these tv
    movies (airing as 2 TV movies in Canada, but a series of 4 episodes each
    in the US).

    Len-L
    Len-L, Feb 24, 2004

  2. Len-L

    Dogbert Guest

    I have never even seen the first 2 seasons listed. The only ones Buy.com
    has are for 4 DVDs for season 3. Amazon lists some other episodes in VHS
    only, but they are all out of print. Were the first 2 seasons ever released
    on DVD?

    Dogbert, Feb 26, 2004

  3. Len-L

    Len-L Guest

    I wrote:

    >> ReBoot - Season 4/TV movies announced!

    On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 20:15:24 GMT, "Dogbert" <>
    wrote:

    >I have never even seen the first 2 seasons listed. The only ones Buy.com
    >has are for 4 DVDs for season 3. Amazon lists some other episodes in VHS
    >only, but they are all out of print. Were the first 2 seasons ever released
    >on DVD?

    The first two seasons have not been released on DVD due to confusion
    over who owns the rights. Polygram had the rights, but they sold the
    rights to all of their catalog to Universal. Universal sold the European
    rights to TV Loon Land AG, who has no plans to do anything with them.
    The term expires after 10 years and reverts back to Mainframe, and I
    think we're close to that now. I have been unable to determine who owns
    the North American rights.

    Len-L
    Len-L, Feb 27, 2004
  4. Len-L

    Invid Fan Guest

    In article <wts%b.99405$>,
    Dogbert <> wrote:

    > I have never even seen the first 2 seasons listed. The only ones Buy.com
    > has are for 4 DVDs for season 3. Amazon lists some other episodes in VHS
    > only, but they are all out of print. Were the first 2 seasons ever released
    > on DVD?

    Nope, there's some question about who has the rights. ADV would have
    released the first two seasons when they did the 3rd if they'd been
    able to.

    -'Deal/No Deal', CHESS
    Invid Fan, Feb 27, 2004